Sooo… these were awful
Who’s sunburned and hungover? —-> This guy. Let me tell you what’s not a good idea: Trying to outsmart our star by applying lotion to only the sun-facing side of pasty blogger skin (most Shore vets know that, when facing the ocean, the sun will rotate around your right shoulder throughout the afternoon). Well, I now look like a hybrid of a candy cane and the outfield grass at CBP. Not good.
You know what else isn’t a good idea? The Hangover 2. It was like a Mad Lib of the first movie. Same story- different location, actions, and bachelor. The jokes weren't any different, either. The whole movie was basically just Alan mispronouncing things. It got old very, very fast. They took such little care to differentiate the two movies that it seems as if the second one was written in a day, leaning on the successful jokes of the first movie. Hey, do you remember when we showed Asian guy’s penis? Let’s do that again. Oh, and Alan’s funny. Make him borderline retarded. It was the funny-guy shock-humor equivalent of Speed 2, only you don’t get to stare at Sandra Bullock the whole time. There's even a boat-on-land scene, as if to say, "fuck it, we too sold out." For realsies, it was bad.
A couple of quick notes:
– Cole Hamels will be appearing at the BC Sports in the Manoa Shopping Center on June 25 from 10 am – 12 pm. You can get tickets to meet him here.
– Shop at Philly Phaithful for all of your t-shirt needs. The Bitter Beard Face t-shirt is wildly popular, as is the K-Lot All-Stars shirt, for all of you tailgaters. Shop… hither.
– If you haven’t done so yet, check out Crossing Broad Tickets. I promise you won’t shop anywhere else for Phillies tickets.
– Yesterday we told you that our friends at Philly Sports Daily launched their redesign- It’s beautiful. Today, they shock the city. Bill Lyon joins their staff as a twice a week columnist. That’s right, six-time Pulitzer nominee Bill Lyon writing for Philly Sports Daily. Oh, you thought we were joking with the Philly media takeover? We were not.
His debut column will be Thursday.
– Chooch mocked the Mets on Friday night.
– Vance Worley and Michael Stutes looked slick on an NY Subway. Worley… is now in the minors.
– Roy Halladay was so hot and sweaty (not a porn post) that he had to change his entire uniform in the fifth inning yesterday.
– Something, something Michael Vick holding workouts.
- Phillies fan invaded D.C. More on that soon.