Neither, of course, is Hulk Hogan.
Let's hit it.
But first, a word from our sponsors:
– We’re hosting two huge events at Drinker’s:
Wednesday: Phillies and Flyers game watch at 7 p.m. at Drinker’s West (39th and Chestnut). Come enjoy .75 High Life drafts as we host a game watch with the PhilliesNation.com crew. Both games will be on the vast assortment of HD screens at the two-story bar. No RSVP required. Cheap beer, good sports, and your friendly neighborhood bloggers. We’ll see you there.
Thursday: I’m hosting 2011-2012 FLYERS QUIZZO at 8 p.m. at Drinker’s Tavern in Old City (2nd and Market). Four rounds of quizzo from this season only. Includes special 24/7 and Bryz quotes round.
More location and special details for both events here.
– Meet Brian Dawkins at the BC Sports in the King of Prussia Mall on April 29 from 1 – 3 p.m. Get exclusive memorabilia signed by the former Eagle. Details and tickets here.
– This is the shirt you need for the Flyers-Penguins series– Philly Phaithful’s You Can’t Spell Crosby Without CRY jam. There’s even one lying around the back rooms at FOX Philly. Get one here, receive in time for Game 2.
– Friendly reminder that we have Phillies opening week tickets. See Cliff Lee pitch against the Mets on Friday night for as low as $21.
– Here’s the full Flyers-Penguins playoff schedule.
– Scott Hartnell wants your vote for the NHL 13 cover.
– Todd Zolecki posits that – ready for this – the Phillies are playing too much small ball… after three games.
– A compilation of assorted Phillies home opener stats and facts.
– Doug Collins is on the verge of losing it. “Our starters couldn’t piss a drop.”
– A bar at the new Marlins stadium allowed you to watch chicks get bodypainted during the home opener last Wednesday.
– You can get $2.50 tickets for Johan Santana vs. Stephen Strasburg on Wednesday. Feel the excitement.
– Chad Qualls sounds less than healthy: “[it felt like] knife was going at the back of my heel”
– The Flyers re-signed Nicklas Grossmann late on Friday.
– Harry Z got his ass kicked by Joe Vitale on Saturday.
– Erin Andrews, Brooklyn Decker and Chrissy Teigen are circling the globe and posing for pictures. Why? I have no idea.
– The Phillies full home opener schedule of events is after the jump.
10:35 a.m. All gates open. All fans will receive a 2’x3’ replica of the 2011 National League East Champions Pennant that will fly above Ashburn Alley all season, compliments of Modell’s Sporting Goods.
Opening Day Block Party. Citizens Bank Way. Hip hop legend and native West Philadelphian DJ Jazzy Jeff will be spinning at this annual Opening Day block party.
Phillies batting practice.
11:34 a.m. Marlins batting practice.
12:15 p.m. Line up on 10th Street! Fans who have not yet entered the ballpark gates are invited to line up on 10th Street and cheer on the 2012 Phillies as they make their “Leadoff Walk” into the ballpark – escorted by the Cardinal O’Hara High School Marching Band and Budweiser Clydesdales.
12:26 p.m. Fans inside the ballpark are urged to be in their seats for a must-see pregame ceremony! The 2012 Phillies will make their grand entrance into Citizens Bank Park from a 10th Street Leadoff Walk.
12:39 p.m. “America the Beautiful” will be sung by the Philadelphia Boys Choir and Men’s Chorale, as members of the Pennsylvania Army and Air National Guard unfurl a large American flag. State flags will be carried onto the field by Philadelphia Police and Fire Department personnel.
12:42 p.m. Introductions … Marlins
12:46 p.m. Introductions … Phillies
12:52 p.m. Moment of Silence: In memory of Jerry Clothier, Phillies Senior Vice President, Business and Finance, and Andy Musser, Phillies broadcaster.
12:53 p.m. National Anthem: Will be sung by the Philadelphia Boys Choir and Men’s Chorale.
Flyover: FA-18 Hornet, the VX-23 Salty Dogs Squadron from Naval Air Station Patuxent River, MD, will fly over the ballpark.
12:56 p.m. The Leap Frogs, the U.S. Navy parachute team, will parachute onto the field, bringing the first ball.
1:03 p.m. Ceremonial First Pitch: Elena Delle Donne, University of Delaware Blue Hens basketball star who led the nation in scoring. Ivy Encarnacion, Modell’s Sporting Goods.
1:09 p.m. Play Ball!
5th Inning Don’t want to miss this one, as the Phanatic turns into the Queen of Rock and Roll.
7th Inning “God Bless America” performed by popular band Locksley.
*All of the above events are subject to change, weather and wind permitting.