Your Monday Morning Roundup: Romo Sucks Edition

Bradley Fletcher's biggest contribution yesterday

Bradley Fletcher’s biggest contribution yesterday

Merry Christmas! Tony Romo saved the Eagles’ season by being the most predictable, yet improbably inept quarterback in football. Let’s check on the home page of the Dallas Morning News to see how things are going in the Big D:

Voila_Capture835

Beautiful.

I said it on Twitter yesterday, and I think I still mean it this morning: If I had to choose yesterday between an Eagles win and a Cowboys win, or an Eagles loss and a Cowboys implosion, I would choose the latter every time. That was too much fun. Yesterday meant nothing and, crazily enough, the Bear games next Sunday could mean almost nothing if the Cowboys win their game before the Eagles take the field. It would mean that the best the Eagles could do is be one game ahead of the Cowboys going into Week 17, but since a tie wins the Cowboys the division, a one game lead or a tie going into Week 17 is essentially the same thing for the Eagles. At that point, the Bears game could impact seeding (3rd or 4th overall in conference), but would have no impact on the division. Expect Chip Kelly to be asked about whether he would sit his starters if that’s the case. Of course… a Cowboys loss means the Eagles could win the division on Sunday Night Football during Christmas week. Yum.

Let’s hit it!

But first, a word from our sponsors:

Snowball

Snow Bowl. Get it before it’s gone. Order before noon today to guarantee it in time for Christmas. Get one.

Reader Mike

Reader Mike

If you already got one, send pics of you wearing.

Meet Eagles.

boy ken wolf coop  crossingbroadsidebar

Click here for details.

Voila_Capture845

Romo. If you already bought your Snow Bowl sweatshirt, then may I recommend Philly Phaithful’s Romo-ing. Get one here.

Tickets. Great last-minute gifts at Crossing Broad Tickets.

The roundup:

Some Romo images from around the Twitters:

Voila_Capture842
Voila_Capture841
Voila_Capture840
Voila_Capture839
Voila_Capture838
Voila_Capture837
Voila_Capture836

Not sure Emmanuel Acho has much more influence over Eagles’ outcomes than he does the Cowboys’, but this was a good Tweet:

My man crush on Mike Trout continues to grow. This Tweet, from when the Eagles briefly got themselves into the game:

Same goes for this Tweet from Malik Rose, who once again references Negrodamus:

Villanova crushed La Salle last night and has a combined margin of victory of 74 in three Big 5 games.

The Phillies are “extremely motivated” to move Papelbon.

The Flyers lost yesterday and Tim Panaccio and the rest of his Core 4 mates spent the entire third period watching the game on a monitor in the press room. So, essentially, they were bloggers, in Washington.

Ryan Freel had chronic traumatic encephalopathy when he killed himself last year.

Penn State put coach Pat Chambers’ Twitter handle… on the court.

30 sexiest NBA cheerleaders.

News anchor signs off with F-bomb:

DeSean Jackson’s sideline rant that’s going to be overdone. He’s just mad Lil Terrio went home.

SNL‘s Three Wise Guys.

Stewie went back in time and saved Brian(!):

I picked Tottenham as my EPL team and of course they got blown out by Man City… and Liverpool… and then fired their coach.

Joe Conklin and his band of misfits:

The season finale of Homeland stunk. More on that later.

Pluggies:

Crunch time: Two days left to vote for me to (hilariously) win the Pen & Pencil Club Award for best sportswriter. Mostly I just want to beat Howard Eskin. You can vote for just one category. Do it. Please and thanks.

Finally, if you’re shopping on Amazon, and I know you are, click this link to do so and you’ll support CB.

• Mike Miss December 16, 2013 at 10:49 am

Foles sucks

• Dave December 16, 2013 at 10:58 am

And Cooper didn’t have a good game cuz there wasn’t a “white out,” right Mikey Mush?

• Dave December 16, 2013 at 10:57 am

I can’t believe people think that Wise Guys SNL skit was funny. Was it just because DeNiro or Stallone were there? It wasn’t funny at all, and seemed like they couldn’t read the cue cards. That whole SNL episode was absolutely terrible.

And now, back to sports…

• Glen Macnow December 16, 2013 at 11:00 am

I need to get back on the air. I have been doing but eating and stomping my feet.

• Di & Rhea December 16, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Don’t worry Glen, with snow days coming up, you’ll have plenty of time to chase kids out of your yard.

• Average at best December 16, 2013 at 11:02 am

Hi Kyle, Can you elaborate on your spot on recap when u stated “Foles was average at best” despite setting a career high in yards, completed over 60% of his passes and thre for 3 TD’s. I’m in the mood for another laugh.

• Brody's Crane December 16, 2013 at 11:05 am

No one gives a fuck what you thought of the Homeland finale Kyle, thanks anyway. I don’t go to TV blogs to read sports recaps either.

• Dave December 16, 2013 at 11:30 am

Love the screen name: Brody’s crane. Haha.

• Typical Dumbass Eagles Fan December 16, 2013 at 11:52 am

Just so I’m clear. Dom Brown is Public Enemy #1 for tweeting about his NFL team, the Cowboys, but Mike Trout is a hero for doing the same thing. Makes sense.

• Worley's Hot Piece of Ass December 16, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Dumbass…
      1) Dom Brown is a fucking idiot, because he’s not even from Dallas. He’s a fraud Dallas fan. If Brown was from, lets say, Atlanta, and wanted to cheer on the Falcons, that’s cool.
      2) Mike Trout is from the Philly area, and the Birds are his team. Which makes him cheering on the Eagles acceptable. God I can’t believe I am wasting my time trying to explain this to you.
      3) Anaheim/LA doesn’t even have an NFL team, so it’s not even remotely a slap in the face of their fans, even if someone there did have an issue with his cheering on his hometown team.
      I just lost 2 minutes of my life trying to educate a idiot. I feel just as dumb as you

• JohnMatrix December 16, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Hey, anthony gargano, i know its you! you 4 for 4 bro??

• Phony Cuz December 16, 2013 at 7:10 pm

DUUUUUUDE you know the cuz INVENTED 4 for 4.. That is until that cock sucker Mikey Miss and the queers down at 97.5 blew ed snider to get to broadcast the sixers and Flyers! It don’t matter though cause IP is still the home of the birds and Merrill Reese’s awesome descriptions of touch downs… 35,30,25,20,15 10 5!!!! Touchdown! Hey did I tell you what lil Ants advent calendar said today?!

• Typical Dumbass Eagles Fan December 16, 2013 at 1:46 pm

So its ok because its your team he is rooting for … got it. Christ you are a dumb fucker. Go back to waving your Eagles pom poms and wearing other men’s names on your back. Let me guess, your car has the picture of Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes pissing on the Dallas Star. What a jackoff you are.

• DS December 16, 2013 at 11:53 am

Its typical Chip Kelly Eagle fans that need other teams to fail to find happiness.

Tony Romo is a joke. As long as he and Garrett are in Dallas the Eagles have a clear shot at the division by going 8-8 / 9-7 every season and getting demolished in the first round of the playoffs when they finally play an actual decent team.

• Predictable December 16, 2013 at 11:53 am

Saved the season? Well no, not really. They would have been tied going into next week. The only thing it did was ensure that they couldn’t be knocked out the playoffs until week 17. And opened the possibility that they could still clinch before having to play the Cowboys, however the Cowboys would have to lose to the Skins (hard to count anything out at this point) and the Eagles win (do we really honestly know what this team is? am I crazy to seriously doubt this defense of being able to stop Marshall, Jeffrey, and Forte enough to win this game? Who knows).

• Predictable December 16, 2013 at 11:55 am

DS: Romo and Garrett could leave and JJ would replace them with another group of chokers and yes men.

Jerry Jones = Ed Snider

• Sean Brace December 16, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Sorry bro, but my eye test tells me Foles just isn’t a good quarterback..

• Your old pal, Glen Macnow December 16, 2013 at 3:59 pm

The statement of my return is premature. The Cuz is still working solo and will continue until WIP pays me my damn money!!!! My name is Glen Macnow and I made my bones while Anthony was still banging cheerleaders.

• Phony Cuz December 16, 2013 at 7:05 pm

Come on Goose… You know I’m too ugly to bang cheerleaders BO! I gotta settle for Hollis Thomas’ sloppy seconds… And occasionally Sea Biscuit.. I mean Rhea Hughes. I can’t wait til you come back goose.. TK3 and silent bro are tired of being the focus of my endless blabber!

• Di & Rhea December 16, 2013 at 10:15 pm

HEY! You said you were going to keep that on the QT.

Now Ange will think I’m some kind of strumpet.

• America's Team December 24, 2013 at 1:27 pm

It must really suck being a shEagles fan! lol! Fans from the worst historical franchise in the NFC East talking crap about the most historical franchise in the division? Now that’s funny! How many Super Bowls do the shEagles have? 1?, 2?, 3?, 4?, 5? Nooos!! Zero! Zilch!! Nada!! Cowboys, Giants and Redskins have combined to win 12 Super Bowl trophies to 0! of the shEagles franchise! hahahahaha!! No wonder their pathetic fans are bitter! Keep Hating Idiots! 🙂

• America's Team December 24, 2013 at 1:32 pm

The Cowboys team that has lost the majority of its starters on defense are battling a much healthier shEagles team for the division title next Sunday. The shEagles team has never won anything and never will, and those are just the facts! hahahaha!! Even with our backup quarterback Kyle Orton are we going to put a spanking to this fake shEagles team like we did back in October. Keep hating America’s Team, the most popular and richest franchise in the country by far! hahahahaha!!