RADIO WARS: The Ratings

Radio_wars_rate

Sources have provided me with some insight into local radio ratings breakdowns by time slot and demographic. These are the numbers, provided by Nielsen (Arbitron), that program directors are slave to. Most important – for sports talk radio – is the Men 25-54 demographic. Success (or lack thereof) in this demo is key (and, apparently, it’s also what determines some hosts’ bonsues).

The information is based, among other things, on two ratings snapshots: September 2014 and November 2013. Unfortunately, the most current one I’ve seen catches the tail-end of the least-important summer Ratings Book and doesn’t account for the spikes that come with football season. Alas.

As detailed yesterday, WIP wins the overall ratings war thanks mostly to a dedicated local morning show, Eagles games and Phillies games. But a breakdown provides more context and paints a more accurate picture. There are three main takeaways: 1) WIP’s listeners are old. 2) Mike Missanelli rakes. 3) WMMR owns Philadelphia. In September, the home of Preston and Steve was number one among men 25-54 from 6am – 6pm, and first among men 18-34 from 6 am – 12 pm.

[All ratings information that follows is based on the September 2014 Nielson weekday ratings, unless otherwise noted.]

6 am – 10 am

There’s no competition here. Angelo Cataldi and his Morning Show, while they came in a distant second behind Preston and Steve, had nearly double the local listeners of Mike and Mike among men 25-54. Those ratios were true for last November as well. No surprises there. But things were much different among men 18-34. WIP finished fifth, with an audience only about a quarter of the size of WMMR’s, and their lead over 97.5 was much narrower.

Yesterday, Neil Best of Newsday published a story about sports talk radio ratings in New York, and indeed, there is a similar ratio between the local show (Boomer and Carton) and the national show (Mike and Mike) ratings.

Takeaway: Local will always win when it comes to sports talk radio. Obviously.

10 am – 12 pm

It’s important to note that ratings time slots don’t always correspond to station lineups. WIP has a weird 6-10, 10-1, 1-6 thing going on, so there’s some overlap here. But for all intents and purposes, this is Mike and Ike’s time slot.

I’m told by multiple sources that, during this football season, Harry Mayes and the Brians – Westbrook and Baldinger – beat Mike and Ike among men 25-54, and as recently as September, WIP was getting ABSOLUTELY HAMMERED in the 18-34 demo, finishing 18th overall. 97.5’s ratings nearly quadruple WIP’s in this younger demo. WIP barely beat KYW here.

Tony Bruno and Harry Mayes were hosting on 97.5 last November and finished in a virtual tie with WIP among men 25-54, but were first, overall, among men 18-34. WIP was 10th in the latter demo.

Takeaway: Mike and Ike are bringing WIP down. While the morning drive listening audience is certainly different than the 10-12ers, Mike and Ike struggle to stay even with 97.5 despite a lead-in from the Morning Show and being bookended by shows that win their time slots. By my estimation, Michael Barkann co-hosting with a horse head could achieve a measurable rating in this time slot (partnering with Ike Reese only provides a nominal bump). Imagine if 97.5 had a morning show… not only would things even out in the mornings, but my guess is that Harry Mayes and whomever would clean WIP’s clock with any sort of a local lead-in. Is 97.5’s barely-there ESPN affiliation really important enough to stick with Mike and Mike? I wonder if they would ever consider offering Gargano a morning show?

12 pm – 2 pm

This time slot is funky because WIP has an hour of Mike and Ike and an hour of Anthony and Rob (Anthony and Glen last November), while 97.5 has The Jon and Sean Show. WIP beat 97.5, slightly, among men 25-54 both in September and last November, and they cut, however slightly, into 97.5’s lead among men 18-34.

Takeaway: People in their 40s (a guess) start flipping back to WIP once Gargano and Macnow-Ellis came on.

2 pm – 6 pm

Mike Missanelli.

I’ve been told that Anthony and Rob beat Missanelli in the spring quarter, but it’s unclear if that was among men 25-54 or overall. But both in September and last November, Missanelli and 97.5 finished second overall (behind WMMR, of course) and ahead of WIP (third) among men 25-54. And Mike’s lead among men 18-34 is huge. His audience more than doubles WIP’s in the demo.

A source told me that Missanelli “demolish[ed] them even more” once football season started.

Takeaway: If you’re wondering why there’s been so much turmoil at WIP in this time slot, this is your reason. Missanelli ran Howard Eskin off the air, beat Gargano-Macnow-Ellis pretty consistently in the coveted 25-54 demo, and crushed them in the 18-34 demo. WIP wants to get younger here, and now you can see why. Josh Innes is one of their answers. The other? Probably a veteran host.

6 pm – 12 am

INCONCLUSIVE– Phillies games on 94.1 on many nights. But, I’m told that lately Innes has, on some occasions, been beaten by the Sixers on 97.5.

Things to keep in mind: These ratings are mostly a few months old, and it’s football season that really drives both stations. There is nothing that leads me to believe that the rankings you see here, as they apply to WIP and 97.5, have changed in any drastic way. But until we get our hands on a Fall 2014 ratings book, I can’t say for sure.

And these ratings, as we’ve discussed before, are hardly a perfect metric. They’re based on small sample sizes and, in some cases, the honor system of participants logging their listening habits. But, they’re what radio stations use to make programming decisions and to determine (or justify) compensation and ad rates. Play me out:

• Reality December 23, 2014 at 2:45 pm

I loved Ike as an Eagle. He was not overly talented but gave what he had. That said he is awful as a host. He defends the players, almost always the bothers to the end. It’s sickening.
    Then you have Barkann, who at one point was objective, but since Cooper uttered the “N” word has completely gone overboard ripping him hourly. We get it, Barkann you hate white guys. Get over it. As soon as I get in my car during this slot and hear them on I push the SAT button.

• Michael B December 23, 2014 at 2:56 pm

Hey, Why the hate for me, Micheal B? Everyone knows i don’t have any opinions of my own, i just listen to what Ike has to say, and say that. Sometimes he pretends to like something and I jump on it, only to find out he was trolling me. making me look stupid. I hate that Ike guy.

Jump in the Hopper everyone. Everyone loves me.

• herman rabbai December 23, 2014 at 5:51 pm

the next time michael b. disagree’s with ike will be the first..this guy is useless keeper of the hopper, all he know’s is how to run the contest’s wip has… and he’s pretty sad at that!!!!!!!!!
        he just kill’s that time slot.. ike you da man!!!!!!!!!!

• Grammar 101 December 24, 2014 at 7:56 am

Dude, what’s with all the misplaced apostrophes?

• gramma nazeez R luzerz December 24, 2014 at 10:27 am

I,bet,you’re,just,the,life,of,the,party,ha,mr,douchebag

• SPQR December 23, 2014 at 4:00 pm

I can’t stand Ike, his voice is the most annoying thing ever. He sounds like Dr. Claw from the Inspector Gadget cartoon.

• Goose December 23, 2014 at 4:30 pm

I will never understand Missanelli’s popularity.

The guy is a load. Him and Martinez yapping away with nonsense for 5 hours. Incredible.

• Dennis December 23, 2014 at 7:52 pm

I couldnt agree more

• steve December 24, 2014 at 9:32 am

best comment in here, specifically in the younger demo.

I always liked mikey when he had a co-host who would challenge/compete/have an opinion, but you know your shtick sucks when you need someone else on the show who does nothing but agree with you to make you sound smarter.

• bob December 24, 2014 at 10:37 am

I could not agree more …I never get why some talk show hosts have an utter distain for any of the teams in the city they cover but his hatred of the Flyers is annoying. We get it Mike, hockey isn’t as popular as football and baseball and we are morons for enjoying the sport ..move on.

• Anonymous December 24, 2014 at 10:47 am

I think you have the wrong guy,Josh Innes is the one who hates hockey,not Mike Missanelli.

Heard Josh say he isn’t a fan of the sport so you won’t hear him talking hockey on his show but if the callers would call in and talk hockey he would let them.

• steve December 24, 2014 at 1:43 pm

Yeah Innes never talks hockey, but i think it’s a bigger scheme than Innes.

I’ve noticed a lot less Flyers and Sixers talk on WIP since they no longer have the games on their station.

Much like how ESPN abolished all hockey coverage after NBC boughtthe rights, why would ESPN promote a sport that are aired on other networks? This is why they promote the X-Games, Poker, etc in sportscenter..because they want to increase the ratings on those shows. They care more about Lebron James hairline than the NHL because they make more money when you watch NBA over NHL.

I think that’s exactly what WIP told their hosts after losing Flyers/Sixers broadcasts. I also felt like every host was calling last year’s Phillies a “resurgent 89 win Wild Card team” just to try and get you to listen to games on WIP.

• GF December 23, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Big shock that Brace and marks can’t deliver the ratings. Now it proves out, they blow.

• Sean Brace December 23, 2014 at 5:06 pm

Yo yo yo what up wit dat home slice? Come chill with me and Johnny bro . Hit us up tonight we’ll be hangin at’ the Blind Squirrel wit all da fine ladies of the delaware valley.

• sinisalo December 23, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Well, first of all none of this is real. You don’t double a station’s ratings based on a small win in the morning. However, we will make sure that Kyle never appears on WIP again. He can have fun on WXPN, or whatever it’s called these days and not be heard beyond a thousand yards from its home base.

Bye Kyle.

• Kyle Scott December 23, 2014 at 2:56 pm

“Well, first of all none of this is real. You don’t double a station’s ratings based on a small win in the morning.”

Big win in morning and Eagles games influences a huge number, and other wins throughout day.

• sinisalo December 23, 2014 at 3:02 pm

So, you’re saying the morons on here that claim no one listens to Al and Angelo are, in fact, morons, and that signing them to a new contract makes sense? Why don’t you ever point that out? Whatever, no one can hear WXPN outside of their 5 block radius and they are tied in to ESPN. Will never listen to them.

• Kyle Scott December 23, 2014 at 3:06 pm

I think our readers are way different than Angelo’s, so a lot of people do listen, but it certainly skews to an older demo.

• sinisalo December 23, 2014 at 3:08 pm

Yup, Wing Bowl sure seems like an old demo. Couple folks there over 30.

• PhillyFritzy December 23, 2014 at 3:31 pm

Actually everyone I know that listens to WIP in the morning are in fact older. Actually quite a few are even older then the age group listed. You are right that the readers here and the listeners on WIP morning show are completely different…

• fm February 27, 2015 at 4:24 pm

Nielsen begs to differ. ‘IP still hitting it out of the park, and there’s no games to air. And for the love of Pete, change your profile pic. You’re a grown up.

• DS December 23, 2014 at 3:35 pm

Kyle is on WXPN radio? The indie music station from University of Penn?

• Sderst December 23, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Do you even fucking listen to the station? Just listen to a few callers to shows and it clearly skews to an older audience on WIP and a younger audience calling in to 97.5. The only hours that I would really say that the audience sounds younger are the sporadic callers to Innes that aren’t yelling at him to go back to Houston.

• duh December 23, 2014 at 10:51 pm

it was literally painful to hear guys that were clearly in the 70+ demographic call gargano all the time.

• Bonsues For Everyone! December 23, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Are producers of Game of Thrones giving you a cut to keep using this? Also, Game of Thrones is wildly overrated.

• Kyle Scott December 23, 2014 at 2:56 pm

Agree. I just like the song.

• Warren December 23, 2014 at 4:44 pm

Have you seen my baseball?

• Tony Bruno December 23, 2014 at 4:46 pm

Not Warren Beatty, not Warren Buffet,not Buffet table…………….

• SH December 23, 2014 at 5:44 pm

come on, the show is awesome.

• Dan from Tinicum December 23, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Wildly overrated? Who the fuck are you? Are you a mental midget and can’t keep up with the many characters and their subplots? Seriously, is it just too complex for you? So you and Kyle are forced to watch Real Housewives with your dumb ass significant others with 3 brain cells between the two of them? This is the poorest attempt at a troll I’ve ever seen. If you come at the king, you best not miss.

Tinicum Out.

• Gargano's third day employed December 23, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Today, I woke up at 11 AM. Took a decent sized dump and hit Sugar House for some 21. Finished up $340 for two hours not bad…
    Rayfield I hate your fuckin guts. Oh and it’s really me.

• Value City Shopper (The Cuz) December 23, 2014 at 2:59 pm

Awwwww that’s awesome Mitchey Tools!!

• Avalon Brian December 23, 2014 at 3:00 pm

I’m dying with no cuz anymore . Andy Bloom is the grinch who stole my Xmas

• For Who, For What December 23, 2014 at 3:41 pm

Head over to Jack’s and do some fireball shots and listen to the Grease Band on Sunday night

• Jay Grace December 23, 2014 at 4:02 pm

Out of Whack Jacks?

• For Who, For What December 23, 2014 at 4:04 pm

Jack’s in Avalon. AB knows…….

• Chuck from landsdale December 23, 2014 at 5:47 pm

AB is a Pussy

• Ned Stark December 23, 2014 at 3:00 pm

I have to say that the Game of Thrones / local sports radio ratings analogy is utterly stupid. Give it a rest.

• What Ned said December 23, 2014 at 3:44 pm

I agree. Not sure why Kyle insists on playing the Game of Thrones intro video here. Doesn’t seem related. Douche

• Sports radio sucks December 23, 2014 at 3:01 pm

Mike and Mike –boring national talk
    Angelo– circus act and unlistenable when Angelo is out. Tough to listen to Al struggle to get through sentences
    Harry and baldy– no one wants to listen to game tape breakdown. X’s and Os are for tv viewing only
    Mike and Ike– Mike screams into the mic. Ike knows nothing about anything outside football
    Jon and Sean– they try way too hard to be cool among their listeners. Just sounds desperate and pathetic
    Ant and Rob– never really listened but majority here seems to hate them
    Missanelli– decent when he’s not getting sucked off by his producer or dismissing any callers views Bc he doesn’t agree
    Innes– entertaining but not for sports radio purposes
    Kayal– someone needs to slap this guy down a few pegs. He acts like he knows way more than he actually does

But we’re stuck with them for better or worse

• sinisalo December 23, 2014 at 3:04 pm

If it was up to me, we’d be listening to Angry Bob and Hollis everyday, but even as is WIP will always be number 1.

• Justin December 23, 2014 at 4:58 pm

Hollis Thomas? Seriously? That guy provides nothing. “Don’t ask me, I just work here.” is his go-to line.

• Skippy December 23, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Tell me Debbie Downer is there any host you like?

• Reggie Dunlop December 24, 2014 at 12:43 am

Did you just say that the morning show is “unlistenable when Angelo is out”? This must have been an autocorrect typo, right? The only time I even remotely consider listening to that fucking train wreck is when that carpetbagging bastard is on vacation.

• BigMikeySmallz December 24, 2014 at 10:52 am

Correct!

• Amen! December 24, 2014 at 2:10 pm

Amen to that! I secretly harbor a desire to hear him have a fatal heart attack while on the air.

I imagine it would go something like this.
        “Okaaay, well, we just spent the last hawf hour tawking about mooovies and TV. Now oun to anuther impawtant tawpik. Hey Rhea, lat’s tawk about bewbies! Lat’s tawk about bewbies Rhea! Oh, my heawt. Oh no Al, oh, oh… ARRRGGHGHH! *thump*”

That I would listen to!

• Skippy December 23, 2014 at 3:02 pm

Not a shock that the older depends diapers crowd prefer WIP over 97.5 the fanatic.

Neither am I surprised of the butt kicking Missanelli put on Eskin first,then the fellas in the afternoon with Gargano bullying Rob Ellis to the point of Ellis agreeing with everything he says and Gargano’s tired and extremely annoying that’s a violation that’s a violation routine.

• Wow December 23, 2014 at 3:04 pm

Wow… wait let me check, beautiful man.

Biblical beatdown.

Anyways did anyone hear WIP have one of those self-promoting commercials this morning that said “#1 sports radio on fm by nielson ratings” ?

What up wednesday!

• Rjb December 23, 2014 at 9:43 pm

That is part of their legal Id that they play at top of the hour for months now

• john December 23, 2014 at 3:04 pm

Im 30 if that matters, hate cataldi’s circus of a show, I don’t mind ike, he seems like a decent guy but acts like he knows it ask and looks down on the callers, kinda like chip with the media. Barkann I can’t stand, his voice drives me nuts and how he yells with whatever he’s saying. Loved Ant and Rob, even though they agreed on everything, don’t mind Innes, but after about a half hour in switching to something else. Like Missanelli,decamera, and startare, every one else sucks at 97.5 in my opinion

• For Who, For What December 23, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Was so happy a few years ago when Missanelli got Eskin chased off the airwaves. The only reason I started listening to 97.5 was Eskin was by far the worst sports radio host in this city. He talked down to every caller, all day long and was such a arrogant A-hole. I can deal with him still being in the Philly sports world just not on the air, but nobody forget how much of a jack ass he was on the radio. The only reason he wasn’t booted long before was he was the only game in town.

Happy Holidays everyone. Peace, health and happiness to you and your families.

P.S. A donation has been made for all of you in your names to the HUMAN fund. Cheers.

• Mr. Krueger December 23, 2014 at 3:10 pm

The Human Fund – money for people.

• Frank Costanza December 23, 2014 at 4:24 pm

Kruger, you couldn’t smooth a silk sheet if you had a hot date with a babe.. I lost my train of thought. ‘HAPPY FESTIVUS!’

• Reggie Dunlop December 24, 2014 at 12:52 am

Eskin clearly went right over your head. Howard was actually the hardest working guy on radio. He probably attended 10x’s as many live games as the next host. He talked down to callers, who deserved it. Not sure if you noticed or not, but talk radio in this town seems to draw flies like a bug lamp from a caller perspective. I mean think of the type of person who actually takes the time to call into one of these shows. Either they are a sociopathic ego maniac, an unemployed laborer, or someone with a substance problem. Howard dealt with them and got them off the radio, and sometimes quite comically. No one broke more stories than Howard, love him or hate him, rarely was he out-scooped, even now.

• DS December 24, 2014 at 11:42 am

Never got the Eskin hate in this town. Well, I do actually. As you mentioned above the dude worked his ass off and still does actually attending sporting events, press conferences and getting in with team contacts, players, coaches, etc. While the other people at WIP were just trying to be “personalities”. So, when Cataldi, Missanelli and the like started targeting hm, their sheep like listeners all jumped on board as well.

I really enjoyed Eskins shows. He did talk down to people sometimes (they all do) and he was a little biased, but again they all are. But he I thought was better than most of the WIP lineup.

• Eskin sucks December 24, 2014 at 12:23 pm

What did you “enjoy” about the Burger King – his sheared beaver coat, or him calling every caller “genius”? Asking every woman who called “what’s for dinner?” He’s a washed-up hack who’s act is even more tired than cataldis. So what if he trades on his fame to go to every sporting event in town…that’s just so he can stay the hell away from his ugly wife. Eskin sucks, glad he’s reduced to working for egg white omlettes on Saturdays.

• DS December 24, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Thanks for your input, Missanelli.

• balls to the wall December 24, 2014 at 6:24 pm

Eskin does attend events so he can chase cheerleaders….have never seen a picture of his wife ever so not sure if she is ugly or not…he does look like the Burger King though

• billy t December 24, 2014 at 1:50 pm

You have to attend games to know what your talking about ? The tv doesnt show the same game ?

If Eskin attends 10x the number of games, then he should know 10x s more than anybody ?

He needs to keep dressing as the Burger King, and know what a smacked ass a 65 year old in a fur coat looks like.

• Rhea's saggy sausage wallet December 23, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Kyle,
    Please don’t forget to post my rating for my show in Saturdays.

• Anthony Gargano's Fake Laugh December 23, 2014 at 5:47 pm

That’s Awesome! I’m out of work! I can’t believe my South Philly Guido act got stale! I feel you…. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• Cecily's small tits before she got big ones December 23, 2014 at 3:11 pm

Well we’ve settled one thing:
    Basement blogger constantly interjecting himself to local media is really boring.

• For Who, For What December 23, 2014 at 3:14 pm

I love your boobs in every outfit you wear.

• Sean Brace's ebonics December 23, 2014 at 4:13 pm

I would have to say that Cecily and Dawn Timmeney have the nicest cougar bodies in this area. I would love to see Dawn naked with those fake titties.

• Rjb December 23, 2014 at 9:47 pm

C’mon now they both have families. That could get your posts deleted!

• Reggie Dunlop December 24, 2014 at 12:54 am

Nah, K@-fee wasn’t mentioned, all is good.

• BigMikeySmallz December 24, 2014 at 10:55 am

You gotta throw Karen Hepp from Fox 29 in there, too. She’s delicious!

• Cecily T December 24, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Ease up on my fake tits. When I ran off with my trainer he said he would pay for them if I fucked him and married him

• The WIP Christmas Party December 23, 2014 at 3:16 pm

Well the party wasn’t great this year.
    Bloom was poking Rhea on the Barb’s Harley.
    Angelo’s colon was acting up.
    Al was dead, or at least he seemed to be.
    Reese was the only black guy and let everyone know it.
    Barkann’s lips were glued to Diddy’s ass.
    Innis needed a bath.
    Macnow… we all know he’s older than dirt, but he was reviewing the food and double fisting it.
    Big Daddy was drunk off Rum Chatta… we’ll he’s always drunk.
    Jolivitz was trying to amend for crimes against democrats.
    Sonny Hill was out of character…….he was actually name dropping!!!
    The only normal guy is is Peter Solomon. He was interviewing this guy named Anthony Gargano about a book called the Sunday Pillage?

• Josh Innes December 23, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Shows what you know. I don’t take baths – I take golden showers.

• sad truth December 23, 2014 at 6:40 pm

this could very well actually be Josh Innes

• Jaws Here December 23, 2014 at 3:18 pm

In all seriousness why doesn’t 97.5 move decamara from the 6PM spot to cartsie and ritchies 12-2 spot? He actually knows his stuff and is pretty good.

• In the living room! December 23, 2014 at 3:18 pm

Earl the “PEARL” Monroe!!!

• Sean Brace December 23, 2014 at 3:21 pm

So what you’re telling me is that I should have a sit down with the Pitcher’s Pub manager and see if he needs a full time busboy?

• Don Tollefson December 23, 2014 at 3:22 pm

Andy, when the smoke settles (no offense Reese) call me. I may be open to taking a time slot.

• Excuse Merchant December 23, 2014 at 3:25 pm

Come on.. we all know these ratings aren’t real. The system used is flawed.

• ray didingers hall of fame plaque December 23, 2014 at 10:39 pm

thats what i don’t get about this – and kyle doesn’t even mention it. The old Arbitron method of having people WRITE WHAT THEY LISTEN TO IN A BOOKLET(!!!) is still in play, and a smaller group of test subjects get a “Portable People Meter”, which is essentially a less stable version of the Shazaam app in an even LESS stable piece of garbage hardware, designed to identify what radio stations a user is listening to.

have any of you been offered either of these devices? have any of you even attempted to be in the program?

don’t you think these numbers are gamed?

You guys say it yourselves, mikey miss is more popular with this readership because this readership is younger. but without ANY doubt, the majority of people still listening to terrestrial radio are older than us all. and they aren’t listening to him. the next time you go to a tailgate, ask the older guys around you who they listen to. they’re going to tell you they can’t stand him, because he’s a swarmy scumbag who thinks he’s on a seinfeld episode.

mikey miss is absolutely awful. if you doubt cuz’s knowledge, you are an idiot. you might not like his fake south philly thing, because it is pretty insufferable after more than an hour, but there isn’t anyone in new york, philly, DC, Baltimore, or Chicago that knew more about football than when he and Glenn were put together. When Ray was on, it was a god damned college level course on the game.

the bottom line is that 97.5 is the New York Post of this town – trashy, sensational, trying to appeal to something that doesn’t exist – a young radio audience willing to spend money on their advertisers products. 94.1 is the New York Times – it has gravitas, history, and credible hosts who know what they fuck they’re talking about, but run so retardedly that all of those credible hosts are sidelined or forced out of town for garbage talent that looks or sounds like what they want their listeners to be.

i hate this shit. im tearing my radio out of my car and just listening to rogan podcasts from now on. everyone go fuck themselves.

• Reggie Dunlop December 24, 2014 at 1:00 am

I though only Flyer fans got THIS drunk off of Kool-Aid. Keep drinking what WIP force feeds you, I mean at least you seem to like it

• DS December 24, 2014 at 11:45 am

He is dead on about Missanelli. However the ironic thing is Missanelli is SIXTY years old. Dyes his hair, goes to hipster concerts and tries to talk like he’s in his mid twenties.

• Lil Jonny Marks December 23, 2014 at 3:26 pm

Brace promised I can pick up some shifts with him at Pitchers Pub once our show goes bye bye.

• Contrarian December 23, 2014 at 3:26 pm

While I love this blog, your report obviously was provided by Greater Media, with talking points. I can’t tell you how skewed your interpretation is…but for the sake of journalistic integrity & ‘actual’ radio PPM and Demo analysis, I hope you receive an opposite perspective from WIP. This report is seriously flawed…just lookin out Kyle.

• Sunny Hills Living Room Recliner December 23, 2014 at 3:31 pm

Back in 1966 on a cold night in penny pack park I once got into a drunken sword fight with Wilt “the Stilt” Chamberlain, George “The Iceman” Gervin, Nate “Tiny” Archbald, and Vinny “Microwave” Johnson….I ended up getting a huge boner… but my main man pots and pans Bill Cosby was there to tell jokes about pudding pops and date raping sluts…. so no one noticed …..#SUMMERLEAGUE

• Con December 24, 2014 at 1:04 am

Brings new perspective to how “Tiny” may have gotten his name.

• Brian December 23, 2014 at 3:34 pm

Sports Radio! Yay!

• Mike Schmidt's Butt Plug December 29, 2014 at 7:45 am

get back on the chive where you belong, brian.

• Innes suck the Ock December 23, 2014 at 3:35 pm

All I know is Josh Innes is a clown, I want to shoot my cum all over his PB&J sandwich then laugh as he eats it . Sean Brace is def on the side of Mike Brown, Angelo is a fuckin idiot, Ike Reese asks the longest questions and hates the white man. P.S. I would love to eat out Sue Serio from fox29

• Curly Sue Shilling December 23, 2014 at 3:36 pm

Angelo hit on me. Said he likes redheads?
    Andy…… Bloom… I’ll take a shift. How about the Sunday morning slot from 8AM to 10AM.

• joe December 29, 2014 at 1:28 pm

That lady is god awful i rather listen to a 3 hr marathon of flo from progressive and that lady needs her face drug across a chain link fence.

• Jan Gorham December 23, 2014 at 3:38 pm

No more misery for Gargano, he’s dead.

• Best comment in a long time December 23, 2014 at 3:46 pm

I miss you on the air Jan.

• Gorham's Gaggle December 23, 2014 at 5:05 pm

OK, that comment was awesome.

• Shut the Bleep up! December 23, 2014 at 5:39 pm

Awesome… miss Jan too…

• Rjb December 23, 2014 at 9:49 pm

+100

• vile_mennis December 23, 2014 at 3:41 pm

*nielsen

• SalesRep December 23, 2014 at 3:42 pm

I’m in the car all day and listen to 97.5. I have more of an issue with the callers (sans Bernie and Josh from Pottstown who are both purely entertaining) than the hosts. Especially regulars like Levi from Overbrook and Angry Al. Where were these people educated? They have no rational thinking skills whatsoever.

• For Who, For What December 23, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Comment of the day. That’s what sucks about sports radio in this city. They keep allowing idiots like Angry Al on the air. Marks and Brace suck and it’s a shame they let him call in to them. “Johnny Marks……Amazing Brace…..”

I would love to punt Al right in his head. Hey Angry Al, if you read this meet me at the Wawa on Horsham Road at 6:30.

• Angry Al December 23, 2014 at 5:23 pm

Ok. I’ll be there.

• Charlie Brown December 23, 2014 at 4:53 pm

That fuckface Martinez is brutal. Produces right from Missanelli’s ass. No less than 10 Bernie soundbites per show – going on like 2 years of it.

• South December 23, 2014 at 3:43 pm

I don’t buy any of it without seeing actual numbers.

• The Real Kyle Scott December 23, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Wow. What a waste of everyone’s time. Who cares about ratings? Certainly not the fans. I’m a deuche, and my website is getting worse and worse. I’m gay too.

• Delco December 23, 2014 at 10:40 pm

You couldn’t be more wrong, look at how many comments he’s gotten the last week. Has to be an all time high. So everyone saying “he sucks mannnnn” about all these host obviously listens at some point. Why else would he keep churning out these stories? I believe him not like he was making shit up about ant like everyone claimed he was the last two days

• Herdigruden Cruise Lines December 23, 2014 at 3:56 pm

97.5 is for mental midgets. WIP is Fox News without the politics. Podcasts for the win.

• Oh how I love you Herdigreden Cruise Lines Lady Voice Person! December 23, 2014 at 4:10 pm

You have a sexy voice, kitten.

• Justin December 23, 2014 at 5:00 pm

Fox news? Interesting, seemingly all of the radio hosts are liberals.

• Leisure Suit Larry Mendte December 24, 2014 at 9:10 am

You mean like Cataldi the Christie lover, Gargano (RIP Beau) self proclaimed republican, or G Cobb?

• DS December 24, 2014 at 11:53 am

Hmm…I remember Gargano and Martarno repeatedly bashing George Bush and calling him a moron and mocking him after the Bush/Kerry debates. MacNow calling Bush’s daughter “whores” who should go to fight their father’s war, Eskin having both Clintons on at different times and telling everybody during two separate elections that “anyone who doesn’t just pull the Democrat Lever in voting booth is a dope.”

• Leisure Suit Larry Mendte December 25, 2014 at 11:35 am

Gargano flat out said he was republican on the show. I’m not sure bashing the worst president in modern history makes you a dem. Maybe you’re just overly sensitive .

• Maxie December 27, 2014 at 10:15 pm

I know a lot of Repubs who bashed Bush and thought Cheney was only pulling his puppet strings, so Gargano could still be a Republican who didn’t like Bush.

• U R a Hack December 24, 2014 at 10:22 am

I think you missed the point, which is not surprising since you are a “true patriot”.

• Mike Schmidt's Butt Plug December 29, 2014 at 7:47 am

is that you, bruno?

• John December 23, 2014 at 4:15 pm

I’m surprised missanelli’s show is that strong considering his lead in, Brace and Marks, is a slight improvement over David Silver’s morning show at West Beverly. 97.5 should get Gargano and bring back the Swartz (righttttt!). They’d rake it in.

• SPQR December 23, 2014 at 4:19 pm

HAHAHAHAHA, comparing Brace and Marks’ show to David Silver’s show at West Beverly is classic!

• Support the boys in blue December 23, 2014 at 4:19 pm

How can anyone like Marks and Brace?Love hearing Brace say Bro about 20 times a show.And Marks has a personality of a parking meter…We all agree Angelo’s time has come and gone and WIP is not what it used to be but besides Mayes what else does 97.5 have? Lets start getting guys who know and talk sports and stop trying to culture yourself to the young kids.Listening to Joe Staszyk on weekends his brings sports talk and no other rhetoric…97.5 you tried to lure in the young guys but failed miserably with Marks and Brace.Also maybe want to screen calls so same callers don’t call every show like Angry Al,the idiot from Pine hill and also the wannabe gangster Arthur

• RubenSux December 23, 2014 at 4:22 pm

Barkann is a douche and Ike’s a mumblemouth..Thanks for the great special teams play but get off the fucking airwaves.
    Oh yeah, where’s Tolly?—asshole

• Tolly's pharmacist December 23, 2014 at 4:27 pm

Sitting on my couch!!!!

• Tolley December 23, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Yo Rx man.. hook your boy tolley up with a Orange County for old time’s sake.

• Tolly's PO December 23, 2014 at 7:07 pm

Happy holidays everyone and remember if you wanna book your next trip, hit my man Tolly up he got great deals this time of year. You can reach him at the pill mill or hanging with the sluts that drugged Bolaris and stole his cash… But don’t call tonight he halfway thru a 3 day Percocet bender

• DS December 23, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Kyle – when will you retract the Garganno story?

• DS December 23, 2014 at 4:38 pm

You are a soulless douche nozzle.

• The Real DS December 23, 2014 at 5:34 pm

I didn’t write that. That’s not really me. I don’t want Kyle to retract any story. He was right about Gargano.

FACE.

• DS December 23, 2014 at 5:46 pm

God, you are sad.

• The Real DS December 23, 2014 at 5:55 pm

What’s sad is you posting “Kyle when will you retract the Gargano story?” on every post as my avatar. I mean get a life kid. I don’t want Kyle to retract anything. Go retract as your own name.

Walter Sobiak

• Yesterday December 23, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Yesterday on 97.5 I seriously heard one caller from NJ who was an Eagles fan say that since he’s in the NJ area he’s fortunate enough to get the NY stations too and can see how the Giants are foaming at the mouth to beat up the Eagles TWICE. The caller said it TWICE on two different shows. How do they allow these terrible callers to call into multiple shows never the less how does this guy have the time in the day to call two different shows?!

Levi from Overbrook is the worst and believe me, 97.5 knows it but I think they feel they’re getting ratings from people that can’t wait to hear/disagree with what crotchety old angry black man Levi has to say again.

Sean from Pine Hill is an absolute turd. Steve from KOP is a boring monotone fence sitter and is the worst too. Why is Arthur getting any air-time? He’s a Giants fan from NJ and is absolutely worthless. The voice he has isn’t amusing either. Bernie’s always a laugh and I enjoy Mike from Allentown’s Bruno impressions.

I don’t understand how Mayes gets overlooked by the station? He is a fan favorite in my opinion, former rock dj or not. They shouldn’t shaft the man and put him on at 10pm again. John + Sean need to get the boot. They’re atrocious. You might as well go to a “bro bar” and talk to it’s patrons if you want to get the same sports talk and level of intellect.

• steve December 24, 2014 at 9:42 am

your caller input is so accurate…and everyone except Innes leaves the braindead callers on the air way to long. They let old geezers talk about the 1965 Flyers (they are stupid enough to get the year wrong) for 120-180 seconds, because the hosts are simply lazy and that makes life easy for them.

Everyone needs to do the Innes method of “make your point and then I hang up on you”. I don’t need to hear the riveting point #2 and #3 from a guy who thinks Mike Vick should start for the Eagles next year. I’m just dying to hear from the guy who thinks we can trade Lesean McCoy STRAIGHT UP for the #1 pick in the 2015 NFL draft.

No matter how awful the host, i’d much rather hear them then the very few people who have the 60-90 minutes to wait on hold when calling WIP/975.

• duh December 24, 2014 at 1:39 pm

there are times when you can hear the callers waiting for the hosts to say something to rescue them from the rhetorical hole they’ve fallen into, but the hosts are obviously doing something else, like eating or tweeting or whatever and are completely ignoring the caller.

• Cecilys tight sweater December 23, 2014 at 4:55 pm

The ratings show how vulnerable WIP is . I personally dont get or listen to Missanelli but somebody is apparently listening. Now if 97.5 station manager could get his act together and put’ together a decent supporting cast they probably could overtake a very stale and tired WIP.

• Phil From Mt. Airy December 23, 2014 at 5:13 pm

Whichever station decides to put me, Phil From Mt. Airy, in its afternoon drive-time slot is the station that shall dominate the ratings from now until the end of time.

• Scott December 23, 2014 at 5:35 pm

Put Steve Czaban’s show in the morning against Angelo. He’ll probably do better than Mike and Mike.

• BossTime01 December 23, 2014 at 5:37 pm

The real story here is buried at the end: “I’m told that lately Innes has, on some occasions, been beaten by the Sixers on 97.5.”

If Bloom and Rayfield think Innes is the midday savior just because he’s younger, WIP is in really, really deep trouble. I realize the post-drive time slot won’t get huge numbers for anyone, but Jesus, to get beaten by the Sixers in any context says a LOT about just how unlikable and unlistenable Innes’ phony, rude, over-the-top sports “Howard Stern wannabe” schtick really is. He turns off young and older listeners alike. Actually, more like he causes them to change the station. Be careful what you wish for, WIP…

• DS December 23, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Go fuck yourself, Gargano. “Be careful what you wish for.” Fuck off you fat fraud.

• BossTime01 December 23, 2014 at 7:51 pm

What the hell are you talking about, you miserable sad troll? (Or by your logic, should I assume you’re Josh Innes? ) I can’t stand Gargano either, with his fake south philly gimmick and jock-sniffing of every star athlete on town the past 15 years. But Innes is even worse in my opinion.

• MJ December 26, 2014 at 2:11 pm

The real Howard Stern wannabe is Cataldi. Ogling NE Philly trash with their slut guts for WingBowl was tired 10 years ago. They’re not that good looking and he sounds like a dope with zero game talking to women out of his league.
      On to the real issue…
      KYLE – it’s been 3 days since your “blog” posted a single story. I’m losing interest over here. C’mon man…

• Glenn Macnow's played out festivus garbage December 23, 2014 at 5:58 pm

Yo Glenn. That shits so old. We could hear Robbie’s eyes rolling today when you toted that out you old bastid.

• jedd fish December 23, 2014 at 8:08 pm

nothing was worse than missanelli’s show today. only listned to it for about 5 minutes, but call i heard was guy complaining about no minorities on chips coaching staff (must not know about todd lyght) and was “concerned” about 3 of the first 4 picks in the 2013 draft being white. i wish i was making this shit up.

• Con December 24, 2014 at 1:14 am

Fuck that guy. I hear John Middleton want to erect a swastika outside of CBP, and bring back “colored” bathrooms at the Bank. Sign me up.

• Johnny F December 24, 2014 at 10:08 am

What about Deuce?? He has been there forever

• Cashy the King December 23, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Problem is they all talk about the same crap the same way, except for the morning WIP show, thats The Angelo ( want to be Howard Stern show) chuckle fest.. That show gona go.!!!

• the k--c vag Kyle will never touch December 23, 2014 at 6:07 pm

moron

• ji December 23, 2014 at 7:17 pm

So what happens now??? Let’s speculate based on what we know and Josh Innes passive aggressive twitter comments. We know they offered Gargano another year and we know they want to get younger. Innes said on twitter that he has not been tapped to take Ant’s spot and he oddly seems to go overboard praising Joe Giglio’s work (who has spent time also in NYC refining his craft). Could Giglio be Ant’s replacement and Rob will be displaced next September by Innes to kick of the next football season? When is Barkann up (he’s not getting any younger)? Would Rob be moved to middays with Ike? Will be interesting to watch the domino’s falls although personally I liked the line up (except Innes).

WIP must be careful with these changes as they can backfire. The one thing they need to understand is that while it is important to court younger people, younger people are running away from radio. This is not the 90’s where if you do not have access to a tv, you can’t get sports programming. They find the programming they want on their smartphone (paging Tony Bruno) and listen to one of a million choices. If the changes they make do not work to attract the youth and they push away the older listeners, who will be left?

• Leisure Suit Larry Mendte December 24, 2014 at 9:18 am

I’m a Giglio fan and think he did a good job on 97.3 in the mornings. He has knowledge, is younger, and isn’t a schlock jock wannabe. As for Innes, I always assumed they were grooming him to take Cataldi’s spot when his creepy ass retires.

• Jon December 23, 2014 at 9:22 pm

This isn’t fair but throw Francesa in the mix and he would dominate Mikey and whoever WIP drums up. Mike Zaun!!!

• mongo December 23, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Numbah 1 okay

• Johnny F December 24, 2014 at 10:06 am

Love it when he would fall asleep on his Yes show. Other than that, I can’t figure out why he is damn popular.

• Innes for mayor December 23, 2014 at 10:47 pm

I hope Innes makes it on for the 2 o’clock hour, he’s desperately needed there.

Innes for the drive (easily handle Missannelli) and Howard Stern for the night since he makes these all these hosts look like ants (36 million listeners).

Innes + Stern = success

• Mike Vick's Parole Officer December 23, 2014 at 11:19 pm

• Maxie December 24, 2014 at 10:27 am

I would love it if they move Innes to 2 p.m., since I am at work and don’t listen then and never really have. I enjoyed the early evening show with Rob Ellis which now I cannot listen to because of this piece of toe jam. Everytime I try to listen I end up turning it off. So please put him on at 2 p.m.

• Dominica December 23, 2014 at 11:09 pm

Hey Uncle Antnee…
    Please stop talking about me on your show. I hate basketball. I only play cause you and my dad want me to. Oh and Lincoln Kennedy says hi… uh…oh..

• JG December 23, 2014 at 11:48 pm

O&A PARTY ROCK!

• Chuck from Drexel Hill December 24, 2014 at 3:52 am

In 1948 Pete Pihos and Steve Van Buren walked into my tavern and had a roast beef sandwich
    before the game. Ray, did I ever tell you the story about Red Grange when he played for Pop Warner. Glen, you know I still have my rifle and bayonet when I fought in Germany in World War 1 and I still treasure the medal that Teddy Roosevelt. Chuck, that’s amazing but wouldn’t that make you 114. Glen your pretty close, I just celebrated my 115th birthday. Ray, fabulous call. I revel at the stories Chuck tells us.

• mike francesser December 24, 2014 at 5:33 am

hey its me cuz, i ripped you guys off, i talked about the eagles for 7 months, hahahahahah, keekeekee, i am home sitting on my couch ripping primo farts and cupping them, robbie loves the smell, right?

• Johnny F December 24, 2014 at 10:04 am

For the December Ratings that just came out (Nov 6- Dec 3) WIP had a 5.1 rating. The Fanatic had just a 2.3

I think those statistics are heavy leaning from WPEN to make their ratings seem not as bad. Even outside of football season , WIP beats WPEN but at least a point and a half. Not being a cheerleader for WIP, but I think you would get different data if CBS sent the info instead of Greater Media. With that said, you could make the same argument about if Radio 104.5 had an actual morning show they would be even closer in the ratings to WMMR.

• Joe Pelligrino December 24, 2014 at 10:05 am

I am available for any time slot but my contract will read I do not have to watch the games.

• Reggie Dunlop December 24, 2014 at 10:14 am

No problem, this is also known as “The Cataldi Clause”

• MongoNation December 24, 2014 at 10:27 am

Resumes, Longevivty, Ratings, Paychecks, Mink Man, ok? that’s what the sports radio business is all about. I’ve been doing this 25 years ok, if you gonna come after me, better bring more than a peashootah

• Kyle's Killer Lemonade December 24, 2014 at 10:38 am

I’m a Philly sports fan but it’s really sad when all the comments and attention in this city is directed at the “RADIO WARS,” since all of our teams blow.

Who gives two flying fucks about a bunch of overpaid guys who talk about sports a few hours a day on the radio?

• Anonymous December 24, 2014 at 10:41 am

I heard Harry Mayes,Johny Marks and Sean Brace are all stressed out with the possibility of Anthony Gargono taking one of their jobs.

• Matusow December 24, 2014 at 10:46 am

Is anyone else troubled by the complete dearth of actual proof of any of these claims? I actually looked into the neilsen rating out of curiosity, but was disappointed by the lack of detail and as a result was hoping someone delve into it a bit further. Unfortunately, “two snap shots” and an “anonymous source” who is clearly an 97.5 employee is hardly doing your due diligence. Forgive me if I am not just going to take your word, interpretation and analysis of two snap shots, as well as whatever hearsay you were given by a self-interested individual. Good Idea for a Story just think it falls short.
    And by the way, is it really a surprise that people would rather listen to a live sporting event than listen to a host breakdown the fact that the eagles need a better secondary for the 100th time this week?

• steve December 24, 2014 at 12:01 pm

from what I understand, Nielsen ratings cost a ton of money to obtain. I wouldn’t want to do 5 surveys every time I come to CB just to know the actual ratings.

and as mentioned above, they aren’t incredibility accurate.

• Innes blows December 24, 2014 at 12:38 pm

The suxers hardly qualify as a “live sporting event”…an EBS test should be able to beat the suxers.

• Josh Innes December 24, 2014 at 10:57 am

does nobody care that about the story i told of my girlfriend cheating on me?

• Innes blows December 24, 2014 at 12:36 pm

All people did during your show yesterday was call in and tell you how much you suck. If WIP is really grooming to replace the cuz they’re gonna get beat like a drum by 97.5 in the afternoon.

• BigMikeySmallz December 24, 2014 at 11:09 am

Gee Kyle… pontificating about whether or not The Fanatic would offer Gargano a morning show against Angelo? What, did you read my comment the other day and think, “hey, I gotta use that” down the road?

For what it’s worth, Angelo is a hell of a nice guy in person, but the WIP Morning Show is only tolerable when he’s on vacation.

I’m sure that like 99% of these commenters play fantasy sports. The best morning drive show on the air is the RotoExperts on Sirius XM Fantasy Sports Radio (XM87/Sirius210).

• ike reeses english teacher December 24, 2014 at 12:00 pm

All of the shows on both channels blow giant dick. but the mike b and rev al i mean ike reese show is the worst. Go fuck yourself j rollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

• Steve December 24, 2014 at 1:22 pm

nothing makes me turn Sirius or my iPod on quicker than that annoying cars for kids advertisement.

• Pulini December 24, 2014 at 1:39 pm

Ike is terrific from 10-12 – it’s Michael B that brings that show down severely. It’s pretty much unlistenable.

• steve December 24, 2014 at 1:47 pm

Ike is great during football season and I agree that Barkan just isn’t made for radio…. but from January – July he will put on his LA LAKERS pom poms and talk more about washed up “Best in the Game” Kobe Bryant than the Flyers or Sixers. While occasionally deciding that Chase Utley isn’t worth his contract but Ryan Howard is.

• Brace December 24, 2014 at 1:55 pm

I still would like to see Dawn Timmeney naked. What a rack!

• BD December 27, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Hideous face and fake tits. You can have her.

• Retired Eagles players looking for jobs in radio or tv December 24, 2014 at 1:52 pm

In order to qualify you must you use the phrase “At The End Of The Day” 50 times per hour.

• K Shaw December 24, 2014 at 2:11 pm

So Kyle and Jim, are you mailing it in until the new year?

• CS December 24, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Jim, mails, it in everyday,

• d December 25, 2014 at 10:01 pm

*males

• Big Balls Chip December 24, 2014 at 2:11 pm

Love the fact that local CBS higher ups (i.e. WIP management) feels the need to come to a local blog and refute the ratings data. Here’s some data:

1. Your morning show has been stale for awhile and when Cataldi goes, you’re royally screwed.
    2. Your 10-2 guys are atrocious, ratings killers and whoever hired Barkann should have been fired long ago (was he Rayfield’s idea?). Luckily, they’re not going up against a strong competitor show in the time slot. 97.5 could probably put the nail in the coffin during that slot if they put the Cuz and someone else up against Ike and no-talent Barkann.
    3. You already realized Cuz and Ellis were getting killed, and you’re now going to try to cobble together a show to go up against Miss. Innes and Macnow? How long before Glen tries to strangle Innes (ex. see how Innes left Houston).

• wrongnessmaximus December 25, 2014 at 9:37 am

Mayes is a pro and can work with anybody; even Baldie smacking his lips about every minute. Brace has a voice, but no grammer and even less brain, Marks just kills time until he’s pissed off. But the real killer is Mike & Mike at morning drive time. Greenberg is the absolute worst jagoff on radio, shut the f up, bitch. Try not to use five words when one would do. Shut up about your God Damn salads, stop saying “Part of me thinks” – no grown man says that, because he’s not watching chick movies where they say that. And by the way, wash that greasy-ass hair at some point, you jell wearing bitch.

• Hollis Thomas December 25, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Hee, hee, hee

• Al Tru December 26, 2014 at 10:29 am

“Heavy physical work, the care of home and children, petty quarrels with neighbors, films, football, beer and above all, gambling filled up the horizon of their minds. To keep them in control was not difficult.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

• Why WIP sucks December 26, 2014 at 11:02 am

Rayfield is killing that station.

Cataldi; who has been washed up for years; gets a new 3 year deal. Huh? The whole show is old and tired. The survive the whole year..actually, the whole station does…on Wing Bowl. Yawn.

Barkaan and Reese are just as bad as Marks and Brace.

Gargano sucked.

Innes wants to be a mash up of Kidd Kris and Stern. It’s tired,

If 94 ever loses the Eagles, they should just go back to music.

• Ryan December 26, 2014 at 2:25 pm

On 12/30 and 12/31 Josh Innes and Tony Bruno are working 10am-2pm. At least according to the schedule on the website.

• informed December 29, 2014 at 8:13 am

says nothing about bruno you shitstain

• Some people can't take a joke December 26, 2014 at 10:06 pm

Eytan Shander blocked me because I sent him a message saying someone just received a Primo Hoagie wrapped in a Jimmy Rollins jersey “Anthony Gargano sleeps with the fishes”.
    This guy is lucky he gets one shift a week. I would be happy if any listener took the time to follow him. I think even Ant would find this funny. The guy spent his whole career on the radio doing Godfather jokes.

• Innes gives clues to things to come December 26, 2014 at 10:27 pm

On Josh’s show tonight he was remarking how Rob Chary thanked everyone in his year in review except him. It was funny that Rob named virtually everyone in the media except Josh.
      He went on further to say that Rob should have put him because how important he will be in the future to topple some big names in the business. What this implied was that WIP was giving him the afternoon shift to go after Missannelli. Innes has been denying this when directly asked if he is taking over the shift but I think he let it slip with this comment. Rob isn’t go solo and the Ellis/Cobb partnership is only temporary.

• Maxie December 27, 2014 at 10:20 pm

Innes is an asswipe. I think he is pretty much despised at the station but not for the reasons he thinks – that he is somehow a big threat. He is thoroughly unlikable and a true dummy on top of it. Marc Farzetta must have been assigned as his babysitter.

• Eytan Shander December 27, 2014 at 1:50 pm

Dude who are you?

• If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen, Eytan December 27, 2014 at 7:00 pm

You guys change radio stations like women change shoes. You get upset over a humorous Tweet than no one would find offensive. Anthony Gargano is going to land on his feet. No one walks away from a six figure job even if it’s for one year. Everyone who works in radio can be replaced. It would be different if the man was fired, he wasn’t. He walked away because he values himself more than the station did.

• Listen to something else December 27, 2014 at 2:20 am

You guys care way too much about sports radio. If you don’t like it, don’t listen to it!

• harry the hat December 27, 2014 at 5:49 pm

Where do I sign up for this company. Love the vacation package.

• BD December 27, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Love all the definitive statements on here. Here’s the deal with every radio, TV and film personality who ever lived: some people like them, some people don’t.

• glovesdroppa December 28, 2014 at 12:12 pm

@harry the hat
    Must be nice, right? Lemme drop some article about local sports talk ratings and drop off the face of the earth for a week. Does Kyle’s chateau in Monaco not have Wifi?

• Schwoogie President December 28, 2014 at 12:23 pm

How come no one posted an Eagles Pump up video today?

• Awaiting Moderation December 29, 2014 at 9:00 am

Wow….no new blog posts here for SIX FUCKING DAYS (and counting)

That’s pathetic.

Kyle…do you and Jim truly understand that having jobs in the media means that you don’t get long holiday breaks?

• ... December 29, 2014 at 9:12 am

Here’s your headlines:

Eagles win meaningless game against shitty team
      Flyers suck
      Sixers REALLY suck
      Quiet winter for Phillies, “rebuild” going nowhere fast

• I banged Spike's wife. December 29, 2014 at 10:33 am

The red head felt great. Reddish blonde downstairs.
    Wonder if Spike can satisfy her like I did?

• Northeast Joey December 29, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Tim McManus does an entertaining show on Saturday mornings with Pat Callahan; it’s football only. Give him and Callahan a weekday time slot from August to January. I don’t think anyone would miss John & Sean for 6 months out of the year.

• Mike Miss December 29, 2014 at 5:24 pm

I played college baseball at penn state- I’m the man- DUDE, BRO, SKIPPY ETC ETC.