Carson Wentz will not play on Sunday. He still hasn’t been cleared for contact, according to head ball coach Doug Pederson, who spoke to the media this morning.
- can help Nick Foles get into a rhythm by adding some tempo to the offense and try to get him some easy early completions
- Wentz is coming along “great,” he’s taking scout team reps, which are 11v11 situations
- GPS data for Wentz is moving in a positive direction (see this tweet from Chris Mortensen)
- Markus Wheaton was a good fit for what the team needed last week, this week Kamar Aiken provides depth, experience, some special teams ability, shuffling wide receivers and working guys out is about seeing what they can do
- Alshon Jeffery is doing individual drills this week, no 11v11
- kind of glad to be back into a normal schedule and normal work week, with a Sunday afternoon game and a typical week of preparation
- Tampa Bay has 3 big time receivers, size guy, shifty guy, a possession guy, plus a tight end
- RE: Nick Foles playing well during his last game in Tampa – it can have an effect on a quarterback, can put you in a positive frame of mind
- felt like they got the right coverage on Mike Wallace’s week one targets, but Falcons defended those passes well
Noteworthy is the Buccaneers’ injury situation.
CB Brent Grimes did not play in week one and Adam Schefter reports that CB Vernon Hargreaves may miss the rest of the season with a shoulder injury. DeSean Jackson is also dealing with a shoulder problem and suffered a concussion. First round draft pick Vita Vea did not play against the Saints.
Here’s video of Doug’s presser:
Watch live as head coach Doug Pederson meets with the media. https://t.co/LpLvlcDJ4C
— Philadelphia Eagles (@Eagles) September 12, 2018
Looks like Hargreaves is done –
Bucs will place CB Vernon Hargreaves on injured reserve with a season ending shoulder injury.
— Rick Stroud (@NFLSTROUD) September 12, 2018