No drama at minicamp this year.
All Eagles players are present and accounted for as the first session begins this afternoon. That includes Malcolm Jenkins, who was believed to be sitting out due to a contract dispute.
Here’s what Doug Pederson said about Jenkins a short time ago:
“You know, the offseason program is voluntary. He never once said he was holding out, I don’t believe. It’s no different than Jason Peters, Lane Johnson, Alshon (Jeffery). These guys are veteran players and they understand what it takes to get ready. They’ve played a long time and they’re Pro Bowl-type players. I’m not worried about Malcolm or any of those guys I mentioned coming in and being ready to go.”
And this was posted to Twitter by Jenkins earlier this morning:
Big Mood! 😤 pic.twitter.com/CpQJBLdit8
— Malcolm Jenkins (@MalcolmJenkins) June 11, 2019
A few more notes and some video after the jump:
- Miles Sanders will continue to sit out with his hamstring injury
- Doug is open to DeSean Jackson returning punts, but didn’t have much to say about how frequently it may happen
- Jason Peters “looks good, feels good”
- the departure of Joe Douglas does not change anything for Pederson in “day to day” operation
- can’t put a time frame on Brandon Brooks’ return
- nice to address Carson Wentz contract situation so he doesn’t have to answer questions about it anymore
Watch live as Doug Pederson meets with the media on the first day of minicamp. https://t.co/EM2B5Qvp1d
— Philadelphia Eagles (@Eagles) June 11, 2019