John Boruk Started a Conservative Sports+Politics Website Called “Jock Smack”

Today a Crossing Broad reader pointed out that former NBC Sports Philadelphia anchor John Boruk deleted three years worth of tweets from his personal page.

Why? Well, he did catch flak for a couple of opinions in recent years, one specifically where he claimed that he didn’t want his son wearing a pink basketball jersey. Boruk dropped some Colin Kaepernick tweets as well, and even wrote in his bio that he was a conservative, which is like putting a massive target on your back since I’d estimate that some 70-75% of Philadelphia sports media members lean left.

Anyway, Boruk started a new website called Jock Smack, which is branded as “The Intersection of Sports and Politics.” Looks like he began this thing in the summer and I didn’t even notice. Here’s a snippet from the “about” section:

Jock Smack is not affiliated with any professional sports team, league or media outlet. This website will serve the public for information and entertainment purposes only.

Jock Smack currently employs a team of writers to provide day-to-day coverage – many will remain anonymous to protect their identities.

Along with providing commentary and analysis, Jock Smack will also serve as a platform for former and current athletes to express their political viewpoints, regardless of what side of the political aisle they reside.

“Many will remain anonymous,” it says, though Boruk has written what appears to be a majority of the stories on the website. As of 12:50 p.m., the top posts on the site were titled:

• Is there a War on Christians in today’s Sports World? by “Cameron Coyle”
  • Instead of kneeling, NFL players should do this, by John Boruk
  • Jemele Hill wants black athletes to return to the 1960s, by John Boruk
  • Does the NFL actually perpetuate a slavery mentality, by “Raul Patel”
  • Why you never criticize the guy who signs your paycheck, by “Cameron Coyle”
  • At one time we were all “Colonials.” Now, it’s offensive, by John Boruk

So on and so forth. It’s pretty standard conservative fare, definitely not “woke” and definitely not what you’d typically find in the editorial section of your local newspaper or on a website like Deadspin. If you’re a conservative who would like conservative takes on the intersection of sports and politics, then Jock Smack is your site. I’d go as far to say that John Boruk would make a lot of sense as a FOX News host, but I’ll recuse myself from any personal opinions since I’m just a filthy moderate.

• Meat locker 4 life September 11, 2019 at 1:16 pm

Who?

• DON’T WANT TO BE WOKE September 11, 2019 at 1:30 pm

This could be a very welcome change, I wish him the best of luck. As you noted, this is like putting a target on his back, due “to 75% Philadelphia media members lean left”. ….of course I’m sure that they all live in safe, low crime areas. I’m sure that their kids go to private schools and not inner city schools….in other words they “talk the talk but don’t walk the walk”

• Still Sleeping September 11, 2019 at 1:49 pm

Hahahah “safe low crime areas” “private schools”? How much do you think sports writers make??

I am just happy there is a place for you discuss how teary eyed you get when a football player just hands the ball to the ref and shakes his hand after a touchdown rather than spike it and do some “jungle dancing”. God* bless you

*the christian god, the real god

• Gene September 11, 2019 at 1:40 pm

Trump is amazing. Getting rid of that war monger Bolden was brilliant. Trump has single handedly created the greatest economy in history. Crime is way down. Unemployment is almost zero. Isis is no more. But the left calls his stupid. No doubt that Trump dominates 2020 election, especially after he legalized marijuana.

• So taguchi - phillies legend September 11, 2019 at 1:52 pm

I’m conservative and this is a hard pass for me….when I say I want my sports coverage politics-free, that means from both the left and the right.

• Libs gonna lib September 11, 2019 at 2:00 pm

“which is like putting a massive target on your back since I’d estimate that some 70-75% of Philadelphia sports media members lean left.” ummmm, try 90-95% and replace “lean left” with “are left”. It’s so easy to be a lib in the media. Takes balls to go the other way…..you typically get fired or can’t find work. What a shame.

• Fredo September 11, 2019 at 2:19 pm

Easily 90% are crazy left . Had to unfollow a lot of them on twitter & can’t listen Mike miss . All I listen to is the cuz because he keeps it sports .

• Ronald Canuso September 11, 2019 at 3:06 pm

Same here…unfollowed a bunch. Its amazing, I wonder if they realize they are turning off 50% of their readers / followers. Unreal

• casino October 8, 2019 at 5:35 am

Right here is the perfect website for anyone who hopes to find out about this topic.
    You realize a whole lot its almost tough to argue with you (not that I really
    will need to…HaHa). You certainly put a fresh spin on a topic that’s been discussed for decades.
    Wonderful stuff, just excellent!