Drew Rosenhaus Gave DeSean Jaccson $50k in Cash in a Louis Vuitton Bag at a Gas Station at Midnight

Voila_Capture 2014-03-28_11-53-17_AM

The dispute between DeSean Jaccson and Drew Rosenhaus over $516,415 has gone nuclear.

Here’s the gist in short, simple sentences: DeSean was about to fire Rosenhaus after his holdout attempt in 2011 backfired. But Rosenhaus essentially bribed DeSean to stay on as his client by giving him $143k, a $200k interest-free loan, and a Louis Vuitton bag. Rosenhaus is now suing DeSean, claiming that his former client needs to repay him for those “loans” (the $516,415 includes interest). DeSean’s lawyers are arguing that Rosenhaus violated NFLPA regulations by inducing DeSean to use his services, meaning that DeSean is not required to repay the gifts or loans. In April, an arbitor ruled in favor of Rosenhaus, but DeSean’s side is claiming cronyism. So alas, we arrive in federal court. Yahoo! Sports obtained a legal filing from the case which includes this ridiculous anecdote:

Jackson was so angry over the botched holdout that he says he told Rosenhaus he was going to fire him, but ended up staying with the agent after Rosenhaus paid him and his family $143,088 to remain a client. NFLPA regulations prohibit agents from “providing or offering money or any other thing of value to any player … to induce or encourage that player to utilize [his] services.”

Rosenhaus gave Jackson a down payment of $50,000 cash around midnight, at a gas station parking lot, in a Louis Vuitton travel bag. He also gave Jackson a $90,000 check, and a $200,000 interest-free loan.

“We went over the contract on the car [on the side of the road],” Rosenhaus said in an arbitration hearing in September of 2013. “I waited until I saw on my phone that it was after midnight. We proceeded to execute the contract. After executing the contract, I then gave DeSean the money that we agreed to give him. I gave it to him in the [Louis Vuitton] bag.”

I sometimes joke about people in the sports world handing off comically large bags of cash, but never did I think it actually happened outside of SEC football. And then to learn that the comically large bag is actually a Louis Vuitton bag, handed over at a gas station just as the client turns into a pumpkin?! OUTSTANDING!

Side note: That piece also contains this tidbit about Rosenhaus’s sales pitch to DeSean in 2010:

Jackson says he hired Rosenhaus, in part, because the agent assured him he had “close ties to Eagles management” and could persuade the team to renegotiate the wide receiver’s contract “before or during the 2010 NFL season.” At the time, Jackson still had two years remaining on his deal.

Close ties to Eagles management, you say?

Voila_Capture 2014-06-09_10-48-30_AM

Next question.

Related: Rosenhaus overheard trash-talking DeSean as a client.

1. Calling Bullshit

June 9, 2014 at 11:29 am

I can’t wait for the 30 For 30..hosted by Stephen A. Smith….about how this little fucking nitwit is broke and in bankruptcy.

• Steve from KOP

June 9, 2014 at 11:42 am

Wow,so that’s how you feel better about yourself,by hoping and praying for the demise of someone else.

To wish so much ill will towards a man who has done nothing to put your life in the crapper,must mean you live a pretty sad,lonely,miserable excuse of a life my friend.

But hey,if you feel joy by tearing others down,knock yourself out.

2. Calling Bullshit

June 9, 2014 at 11:53 am

First!

3. Candy from the Oak

June 9, 2014 at 11:58 am

I heard they actually met at 11:30pm but Jackson keep talking into the pump “me needs gases in car” for a hour

4. Prime Rib Tony

June 9, 2014 at 11:58 am

This Cali chrome owner h0rse racing talk on wip & 97.5 is killing me. Nobody gives a fuck

5. Sean Brace's Warted Dong

June 9, 2014 at 11:59 am

Lonely, I’m so lonely

6. Prime Rib Tony

June 9, 2014 at 12:00 pm

I bet after the drop off d jacc went inside the gas station convienant store & got himself some snacks

7. so, now that the issue will be resolved in federal court, i am curious as to how much taxpayer’s money will be wasted to figure out an argument between two fucking nitwits who exchanged money in a gas station parking lot. only in america!

8. He’s so special, she’s so special.

9. Stephen A. Killwhitey

June 9, 2014 at 12:05 pm

“The most recognized agent in the business. The last time I checked, he is the agent of choice for most athletes blessed with common sense.” – Stephen A. Smith on Drew Rosenhaus

Good thing DJax can’t read, he might not let SAS smoke his dong anymore if he saw that.

10. Surrrously?

Even if Rosenhaus did break “rules” that doesn’t mean you get to renege on the loan jaccpot. You fucking moron. So anyone who doesn’t follow rules is eligble to be robbed legally? Is that your premise here jaccpot? If so, you’re fucked, pay up dummy.

11. Mike Missanelli's Arteries

June 9, 2014 at 12:07 pm

You lunkheads need to stop with all the racism. Rosenhaus was simply paying DJax his reparations that he owed him that’s all.

Speaking of Haters, anybody see my boy LeBron put up Jordan-esque numbers in the 2nd half last night? It got me rock hard. I’m actually calling Myrtetus in early to help me relax before my glorious show starts. I can’t wait to talk about LeBron and how much better he is than Jordan for 4 hours.

I might also talk about Riley Cooper, but that’s because you idiot callers don’t know anything about morals. Bottom line, I’m better than you.

12. Missanelli's Pediatrician

June 9, 2014 at 12:23 pm

Man i’m sooooo sorry for the slip up with your circumcision Mike. It’s not easy to hit such a small target. In my defense.

13. Last week, Mike Miss said he didnt watch game one because he went to a “Blondfire” concert. I wonder if his daughter is scared to bring her friends around him. Anyone in their 60’s who goes to that kind of concert is a creeper, like the dude in the movie “American Beauty”.