Last Night, Cliff Lee Became the Second Phillie to Fart at Reporters This Season

Voila_Capture 2014-07-22_08-01-20_AM

Pretty sure Cliff Lee and Jonathan Papelbon have launched an all-out bodily gas war against the Philly media. It’s the most fight the team has shown this season.

On the heels of Papelbon’s leg-lifting, mid-interview flatulence after a 1-0 win against the Braves on April 17 – the same day that Lee belched at or just in the general direction of reporters – Lee last night let out an audible post-interview stink, “of which he seemed quite proud.”

Before letting it rip, Lee looked around somewhat mischievously, perhaps searching for his 1706 Rittenhouse buddy Papelbon. A slight grin formed on Lee’s lips after the gas had passed.

Funny, but actually pretty dickish. One in-person witness to Papelbon’s April 17 gas remarked to me that “there are a lot of good guys in that clubhouse, but [Lee and Papelbon] aren’t two of them.” That makes me sad.

The Phillies lost 7-4, and Lee looked like a pitcher who hadn’t pitched in two months.

Video after the jump, via the CSN blogger who once boasted that he likes to avoid this sort of lowbrow humor and prefers to write for “smart” fans that he’d “want to talk Phillies with.” – fart noise -

1. “How dare you break wind before me?” “I’m sorry baby I didn’t know it was your turn!”

2. Sean Braces' GPA

July 22, 2014 at 8:39 am

Yea but da real question dat needs to be answered is if Nick Foles can really be an elite quarterback? Dits our topic everyday on da worst show on radio

3. Sean Braces' GPA

July 22, 2014 at 8:39 am

4. (sigh) I suppose that’s the problem with modern baseball and knowing too much about players you like to watch.

I agree w/you, Kyle — really disappointed if he’s turned into a jerk like Papelbon. It’s not a big deal, but it’s unprofessional and disrespectful and not a morale booster. Just brings more negative attention towards the Phils and all the Phillies stories are bumming me out these days.

Of course they make it easy. But they are hard to like these days.

5. That was a clown fart bro

6. Cliff Lee – Farting Excellence

7. “On the heels of 3 months ago…” So cliff lee is a dick. Big deal.
    I know it’s slow but theres gotta be better shit than this to write about. Throw together a bleacher report style ranking of some sad philly athlete list.

8. “One in-person witness to Papelbon’s April 17 gas remarked to me that “there are a lot of good guys in that clubhouse, but [Lee and Papelbon] aren’t two of them.” That makes me sad.”

Media personel no doubt. I don’t blame them for not ass kissing their ways into the good graces of the Philly media machine. Fuck ‘em. I’d fart on them too for these guys, if they asked.

• Agreed. I love it when these clowns expect us to get all indignant on the behalf of these low life magpies. They’re nothing but tabloid hacks looking for quotes to twist and manufactured controversies. I hope “Sully” and “Murph” can still taste it. Let it rip Cliff. Fuck em all.

9. It’s not good to suppress a bodily function man….

10. dumb brown an the mendoza lines

July 22, 2014 at 11:59 am

farting in the clubhouse is better than shiting on the field like dumb brown all year

11. How much fucking longer to we have to watch Dom fucking Brown pretend he is a big league player??? Oh right, forever, since fuckhole RAJ can’t move him and thinks he can play.
    Fuck off

12. cous big hairy butt

July 22, 2014 at 1:15 pm

will somebody tell cuz to shut the fuck up-enough with all his bullshit” i talked to a scout last night”-he is corrupting rob ellis-get tony bruno or dykstra on the fuckin air , fuck all these douch bags………ahh what the fuck is wrong with me, why do i bother to listen, i rip a fart in rhea’s face, probably smell better than her breath

13. Please fart in Eskin's face

July 22, 2014 at 7:00 pm

That alone would put you the Phillies Wall of Fame.