Good day, humans.
So, if you missed yesterday’s events, here’s a recap: The Sixers somehow hung on to beat Miami in Game 4. They scored the game’s final 10 points. The Phillies beat San Diego, 3-1. They let up a total of three runs over the course of four games. Roy Halladay struck out 14 and Shane Victorino hit an inside-the-park home run. The Flyers came back from a 2-0 deficit to beat the Sabres in overtime, 5-4. It was like 80 degrees out. And Jesus rose from the dead… or, if you’re a fifth of our readership, some asshole moved a rock*. Either way, it was a big day.
Couple of quick notes:
– Our friends from BC Sports have rescheduled the Cole Hamels signing. He will now be at the Manoa Shopping Center on May 7th from 12:30-2:00. You can buy tickets here.
– Flyers Game 7 tickets ARE AVAILABLE. They’re a tad pricey, but we put them all in one location, saving you the trouble of searching 50 different sites. Get them here. You can also sit in a suite for $189– not too bad compared to the rest of the prices.
– Speaking of Game 7, our friend Allen Schatz has a great book out, Game 7: Deadball. It's a mystery novel centered around the 2008 World Series. Yes, please.
– Now would also be a good time to pick up some gear from Philly Phaithful, considering you can Buy 2 and Get 1 FREE through end of day today. Do it. May we recommend a Mike Richards Shorthanded Assassin shirt? Since, apparently, Richie is a mass murderer.
– According to the Phillies beat writers, Jose Contreras is going on the DL with a flexor-pronator strain of his right elbow (read: not good). The Phillies have called up Mike Stutes to take his place. Stutes was very good in spring training. Watch out for him.
– Bouche will start Game 7.
– This kid wants to give the Flyers Bud Light so they’ll stop fighting.
– Our awful mashup of Saturday night’s dancing chick.
- Win two VIP tickets to the NFL Draft. No strings, just an email address.
– Evan Turner hockey puck helmet.
– Ryan Miller. Douche.
– And this: