– The winner of this week's Drinker's Philadelphia CB Six Pack challenge is… Keith1989. Keith, drop me a line with your email address so we can get you a gift card to Drinkers.
– Our second Phillies tailgate is Saturday. $10 all you can eat and drink. More details here.
– Earlier in the day on Saturday, Cole Hamels and Pete Rose will be signing autographs at BC Sports. Colbert from 10-12 in the Manoa Shopping Center (he's scheduled to pitch, so this might change) and Rose from 2-4 at the Christiana Mall. Get tickets right here.
– $1 hot dogs during all Phils games and $1 Rolling Rock ponies all day, every day at Drinker's Philadelphia? Yes and please. I highly recommend the Tex-Mex Dog, wrapped in bacon and cheddar and topped with pico de gallo and guacamole. Reals.
I took a premature bite…
– I'll be on CSNPhilly's Lunch Break with Rhea Hughes today at 12:30. You can watch it right… hither.
– Bill Lyon, legend, talks about Madson's brilliance.
- Osi Umenyiora responded to LeSean McCoy. He called him Lady Gaga. Oh yes.
– Since this was posted late on Friday, we're going to pimp it out a couple of times- Illadictionary, defining the types of Phillies games. A sampling, if you will:
West Philly Gang Bang: Everything looks fine. Sure it’s late and you have a heightened sense of awareness, but you don’t really expect anything bad to happen. Then, just as quickly as it started, it ends. An inconspicuous car rolling down a quiet neighborhood street drops its windows… and BOOM, Raheem is dead on the ground next to you. This isn’t a simple go-ahead home run from an aging fringe player, this is epic. Examples: Juan Uribe’s home run off Ryan Madson in Game 6 of the NLCS last year, Johnny Damon's heroics in Game 4 of the 2009 World Series. Older examples: Jeff Conine (2003-2005), Craig Biggio, September 7th, 2005. Similar to: Center City Rapist.
The 6 ABC Boscov's Thanksgiving Day Parade Game: It’s not really a good game. They’re losing. But you watch. You watch the whole fucking thing, not because it was particularly enjoyable, but because you feel it’s your duty as a Philadelphian. David Boreanaz may or may not be present.
– Gonzo says the Sixers' potential buyers should try to emulate Cuban. That works for me.
– Chooch 2 is back with the Union.