What did you do this weekend?
Tim Tebow couldn’t connect with Jesus. Aaron Rodgers discount double choked (©The Internet). Andy Reid led his men into battle in the second round of the NFL playoffs chilled at home in California with Shady McCoy and others and most likely watched some NFL football and Man v. Food. Also, sandals.
What did I do? Well, other than watching Ricky Gervais land somewhere between funny and not at the Golden Globes, I had a nice meal at the Il Cantuccio in North Liberties. Both that restaurant and its sister, La Locanda in Old City, come highly recommended by this blogger (full disclosure: not an ad). If you’re looking for authentic Italian food, made by Italians, in a restaurant that feels like an Italian kitchen, either is a must-experience. Both are BYOBs, cash-only, and typical American pleasantries don’t alway exist in such authentic environments– but that's all part of the experience (don’t put cheese on your fish).
That's your weekly food tip. Let’s hit it.
But first, a word from our sponsors:
– FREE Flyers playoff tickets. All you have to do to enter to win a pair is click here and sign up for SportFitDeal.com’s fitness deal-of-day emails. They offer $200 off gym memberships, 50% of cycling and MMA classes, and much more. Enter now.
– Beer. Haircut. Man facial. Scalp massage. Yes? Please check out American Male, a full-service salon for guys in Center City, Berwyn and Reading that has been helping men look their best for over 12 years. Visit AmericanMale.com or call 877-636-4247 to schedule an appointment. Just mention "Crossing Broad" to save $10.
– Drinker’s Philadelphia locations offer cheap beers, delicious hot dogs and tacos, and all of the local teams on TV. Show up for Flyers games and get $1 hot dogs and $3 Jagr shots.
– Joe Montana will be signing autographs at the BC Sports in the King of Prussia Mall next Monday, January 23, from 6:30-8. Detail and tickets here.
– Philly Phaithful is back at it again with their Knock Knock, Another Win t-shirt, which pays tribute to the Flyers’ victory song. Get one here.
– Epic. Lacrosse. Fight.
– Joe Paterno spoke with The Washington Post, said very little.
– Phil Sheridan writes about the Eagles being limited by their in-house approach.
– Jim Salisbury on Phillies' arbitration process.
- Results of our weekly CB Six Pack, in graph form! It’s worth noting that Philly.com put up a poll on Saturday and, as of writing this, received fewer votes than our Six Pack did last Wednesday.We continue to kick everybody’s ass.
– An interesting article about our friends over at TheSchoolPhilly.com, a must-read for all you Penn State folks.
– Finally, in very sad news, our partners, PhillySportsDaily.com, have shutdown. I may have more on it later, but Philly sports lost its best kept secret on Friday, and we wish everyone involved (John Miller, Dave Isaac, Tim McManus, Ryan Bright, Jim McCormick and others) the very best.