Not a whole lot of snark we can add to your Monday morning. Very sad weekend in Philadelphia sports. We’ll get back to the usual nonsense today, but will continue to keep you updated on the Eagles, Andy Reid and his loss.
But first, a word from our sponsors:
– Quizzo. Wednesday. Drinker’s Tavern in Old City. 8 p.m. We’ll have more details soon, but as always, come out and enjoy cheap drinks, hot dogs and tacos. Winner get a $25 gift card to Drinker’s establishments and their picture on this here destination.
– Meet Steve Carlton and Carlos Ruiz. Calrton, at the Sports Vault in the King of Prussia Mall this Saturday from 12-1:30. Chooch will be at the same store on Saturday, September 8, from 11-1. Details and tickets here.
– Philly Phaithful launched their all-new line for football season last week, check out Dallas Sucks, South Philly Tailgate Union, and The Defense Never Rests jams right here.
Our coverage of the death of Garrett Reid:
Outstanding coverage from elsewhere:
- Usain Bolt.
– Comedian Jeffrey Ross dressed as Joe Paterno for last night’s Rosanne Barr roast. He was accompanied by two football players in towels.
– Kevin Kolb has a bruised chest muscle.
– Doc Emrick talks about his transition to water polo.
– Michael Phelps went partying with his gold medals and a hot blonde, and what did you do this weekend?
– Charissa Thompson did a split on SportsNation yesterday. You can see it after the jump.
Suddenly, the world forgets about Michelle Beadle.