Silly Mike Richards Once Again Accuses Philly Media of Making Up Stories

Kyle Scott —  February 25, 2012 — 31 Comments
Screen Shot 2012-02-24 at 3.53.37 PM

We’ve had an inordinate number of perhaps not-so-relevant Mike Richards stories over the last few days, and we do apologize for that. Richards talked about Philly on NHL 36 on Wednesday and, Thursday, news broke that Jeff Carter would join him in LA. So that’s why we’re writing about him. We would like to stop, too, but he. just. keeps. giving. us. fodder.

Over the next day or so, there are bound to be questions hurled at Richie and Carts about their time in Philadelphia.

And they are bound to say something noteworthy.

Like today: According to Kings writer Jon Hoven, Richards had an interesting (if not typical) response when asked about dealing with the Philly media:

Ohhh. There goes that man.

If you remember, Philadelphia, Richards echoed that same sentiment at the end of last season when he accused Tim Panaccio of writing stories that were "nowhere close to being true."

We take many jabs at media members, but I can say with near-certainty that while reports from writers and on well-read blogs, like this one, may sometimes prove to be incorrect or inaccurate (happens to every publication and outlet, ever), stories are never “made up."

Even if we did something as crazy as writing that Mike Richards once cross-dressed on a stage, we would at least provide some evidence to back it up. Like this picture:

Screen Shot 2012-02-24 at 4.14.20 PM

Screen Shot 2012-02-24 at 4.14.20 PM

See, and you thought we were making that up. Silly Mike.

H/T to Flyers beat writer (@davegisaac)

Kyle Scott

Posts Twitter Facebook Google+

Editor

31 responses to Silly Mike Richards Once Again Accuses Philly Media of Making Up Stories

1. Richards was propably coked up when he said that

2. I have to confess that I miss all of the old Richards/Carter posts.

3. I get the anger from Richards. There has been a pattern in Philly where every lost season is because of some hidden crisis (from Lindros/Bob Clarke to all the coaching changes to painkillers to someone fucking someone else’s wife to partying to divorces and so on). It’s tough to be in the cross-hairs.

4. Always cracking me UP with these Richie/Carter posts. I hope Richards doesn’t stop giving fodder, because I don’t want to stop laughing.

5. Richards all coked up again

6. Yeah the media never makes anything up

7. Thomas E Merschen February 25, 2012 at 2:49 pm

I really hope Richie and Cartsy are having a ball. Im pretty sure Carts gets into town tonight. Girls of LA beware.
    I bet the coke dealers are all getting extra shipments in today also.
    And Jeanine, back in the kitchen.

8. I get the impression that Richards would be much happier as another anonymous Canadian beer-leaguer trolling for trash in local dives.
    At the very least, he has no appreciation for the lifestyle that the spotlight affords him. Just another privileged, self-entitled, woe-is-me athlete.
    I’m glad the smug indifference of players like Richards, Carter, Lupul, Upshall, and Leino has been purged from the Flyers team.

9. I feel bad that the Philly media & fans drove richie & carts out of Philly.
    Leave then alone

10. Wild Bill Soreman February 25, 2012 at 3:54 pm

I gotta say that I’d be banging everything in site if I were Richie and Cartsy. I don’t blame them for wanting to get laid. Women aren’t good for anything except cooking, cleaning and sex.

11. Chris & Craig Martin February 25, 2012 at 3:59 pm

I heard carts loves eating pussy when he’s coked up

12. Love the coked up talk. That shit is funny… oh and true. Very, very true.

13. OK, we really need to lay off these guys. They were the loved face of the franchise for a couple years, then one bad year they get blamed for everything and get jettisoned like garbage to bring in a nonsensical Russian goalie. Leave the guys alone, they took a bunch of shit and have the right to call assholes in the media out.

14. Andy (San Diego) February 25, 2012 at 4:34 pm

2 dogs in heat out on the prowl in la

15. Man Jeff Carter got fat in that picture, I’m sure he can still blow Richard’s dick good though.

16. If Panaccio actually knew the game a little bit, I wouldn’t mind a made up story once in a while.

17. Get Steve Nash

18. Carts, if you need a coke hook up I got a few connections

19. FU Vic Mackey

20. kyle. you. do. this. too. much. it’s. funny. don’t. get. me. wrong. but. it. loses. its. effect. when. you. do. it. all. the. time. otherwise, keep up the good work.

21. Get real LA coaches about saying everyone in Philly had a camera phone and took pitchers of what everyone does…please do we have pitchers of Brier,GIroux,JVR, Hartnell? Got the picture jerks….Richie n Carts are trouble together…did we have camera phones in the locker room when they were asked to sign a no drinking for 1 month pledge? Noooooo the two jacka$$es didn’t sign it when they were Captains on this team. Don’t make excuses for taking Carter after the other loser Stevens pushed for them. We did it here in Philly with them now they are all yours and no regrets or excuses!

22. As everyone writes the arn’t called snow white for nothing. party on kings

23. simmonds has 8 more goals than you February 25, 2012 at 10:27 pm

richie is so bitter about being traded still, he should have nothing to say especially after seeing simmonds having a career year and loving it here… he is the scorned ex-lover who can’t stand knowing you have moved on and are happy… grow up mike

24. Title of this article is pretty funny
    because by reporting this Kyle is making it into a story.
    Lol

25. West coast flyers February 26, 2012 at 12:12 am

I keep seeing all these posts about Richards/Carter, meanwhile the Flyers are playing horribly and can’t win a game. What are you trying to prove here? Its not funny.

26. Yeesh! All this Ricahrds-Carter stuff is so old for me! Enough already! Sheesh!

27. Pannacio is a total toolbag. Carchidi is right behind him. Thrown in a little bit of little sammy donnelon and you couldn’t get an explanation of the game between the 3 of them that doesn’t have a catchy nickname for a player, negativity even in wins, etc. lisa hillary shits all over them in knowledge and actual stories.

28. good news for our happy couple…it’s legal in California

29. Good point by west coast flyers. The question that needs to be asked; did Holmgren miss the target?

30. A lot of Philly sports writers blow things out of proportion and create bullshit narratives. Happens way too often and it’s no wonder we scare players away and pressure them into underperforming.

31. Panaccio is a MORON…..he is the Jim Salisbury of Hockey. Both guys are just Brainwashed Bitches that just say what Holmgren and Amaro tell them to say or tweet.