Andrew Bynum’s Hair

Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 7.59.59 AMBynum with reader Nick after seeing “Flight” in IMAX in King of Prussia on Tuesday

We’ve (unintentionally) had quite a few posts about hair the past few days: Vance Worley, Bradley Cooper and, um, Bradley Cooper. So I really wanted to avoid another follicly-focused grammaticizing until at least after Thanksgiving, maybe Christmas. But no. Not if Andrew Bynum has anything to say about it.

Last night during the Sixers’ god awful loss to the Pistons which proved that – surprise! - they do, in fact, need their center who hasn’t even practiced yet, Bynum sat courtside… looking like this:

Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 7.39.40 AM

Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 7.40.55 AM

Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 7.46.34 AM

That’s truly special.

Bynum has said that it will take him a year to grow-out his afro. We’re at about month six– apparently the point at which you can style and part it. The flakes, however, have been here since day one.

Bonus: best brotha Tweets about Bynum’s hair, after the jump.

Screen grabs via (@MsTosciMarie), YardBarker

1. The Original that guy

November 15, 2012 at 8:25 am

he looks like an indian boy made love to a female silverback gorilla.
    DDDEEEEEEELLLLLLLCCCOOOOOOOOO FOR LLLIIIIIFFFFEEE!!1!!one!

2. looks like a half moe from the 3 stooges & half EDP

3. I just read all of those tweets, pretended like I knew exactly they said and at the end I realized I did not understand one. What kind of language is dat? On that note… his hair is trifflin.

4. The lack of the possessive ‘s in those tweets makes me want to stick my head in a vice. Painful to read.

5. Those tweets are excellent. nice laugh in the am, is always good

6. We’re sittin here and he’s supposed to be the franchise player and we talking bout afro’s. not cornrows, not dreads. Afro’s.

7. The “tales from the hood” tweet is my favorite. Any movie that uses the word “Nigglets” is an instant classic.

8. Now let’s imagine for a moment that a white person issued any one of those tweets… how that person would be vilified for racism, promoting stereotypes, bigotry, etc. etc. etc.

9. I work at Champps Restaurant right in the background of the picture. He was in there Tuesday night doing shots at the bar. I was like,wtf. Had to duck to get into the bathrooms.

10. The last tweet is hilarious! How would you know what hair looks like after being licked by a horse!?!?!
    DDDDDAAAAALLLLLLLLCCCOOOOOOOOO

11. I’d like to see if the drapes match the curtains, if you know what I mean… Also, Dan let’s get together and do the skippitty boopity doop in the back of my jeep, if you know what I mean…

12. Candy from the Oak

November 15, 2012 at 9:56 am

Won’t be shocked if his ashy knees are from blowing guys

13. You got that right!

November 15, 2012 at 10:27 am

Happiness is a Warm Gun

14. Hey Dan, shut the fuck up.

15. @Dan beat it

16. Rutherford B. Crackerness III

November 15, 2012 at 10:48 am

As a stockholder in Church’s Chicken, I’m always quite pleased to observe these “tweeters”, as I believe you 47% refer to them, as they reinforce my comfort in knowing that I shall continue to reap financial benefits from the uneducated minorities and their tribal dietary habits for the long-term foreseeable future. “Blang blang”, as the natives are fond of saying, if you will.

17. Bynum on the weekends does stunts for Little Richard in gay movies

18. Kevin. R. Johnson, Pastor at Bright Hope Baptist Church

November 15, 2012 at 11:01 am

Mr. Scott,
    We’ll be in touch.

19. Lord have mercy. Bynum makes Armen Gilliam and his legendary lopsided flattop look like a cutting edge hairstyle. You see, kids, this is what happens when you’re a professional athlete on the disabled list and have WAY too much free time on your hands. Meanwhile, those tweets are outrageous!

20. He looks like the black version of the new bond villain in skyfall.

21. tweets were epic…. about 80% began with…. “this nigga”

22. Dino from the Laundromat

November 15, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Is that Uncle Carl Winslow in the 2nd picture?
    Can I help you boys with something?

23. He’s really connecting with that fan in the first picture. Think he’s talking to his stylist?

24. All those who tweeted can’t even spell.. yo!

25. Hahaha I know it looks like he is dissin me by talkin on his phone but he wasn’t on it before we took the picture and he was just tellin them what time the movie starts so I asked him if it was cool with the picture and he said yeah not a problem then he got off the phone I told him to stay healthy and good luck.

26. Starting to look like Jeff Ruland .

27. that nigga be gay