Jerry Sandusky's book is very unfortunately named
Good morning, fellow humans. I tried to take this weekend off. I wanted to read (er, listen) to some more of the Steve Jobs book, start up a Blu-Ray obsession with Mad Men (never seen it), and watch some futbol (yeah, I’m on the EPL thing now) and football.
Instead, the Phillies acquired Jim Thome while Ms. CB and I ate Mexican on Friday night. Lurid details of Penn State’s ex-defensive coordinator raping little boys in the shower were released. And there was plenty of other Phillies news and the Flyers painting the map of Hawaii on the backs of Jeff Carter and the CoLOLumbus Blue Jackets. I did manage to sneak two episodes of Mad Men in late Saturday night, though– so far so good, but are we supposed to be fooled into thinking his secretary is attractive somehow? I understand it’s the 50s and all, but she’s nearing bowl-cut territory and looks like her skin was cured in a smokers’ lounge. I don’t get it?
Anyway, busy sports weekend. And the Eagles tonight. Let’s hit it.
A couple of quick notes:
– I fucking hate cancer. So does Philly Phaithful. Buy a t-shirt from them this month, Movember, and proceeds will go to fight cancer. Also, you’re encouraged to grow a sweet stache. And curse a lot, apparently… or maybe that's just me.
– Eagles game TONIGHT. Drinker’s Philadelphia will be serving $1 hot dogs and a slew of other drink specials. Must. Check. Out.
– Get tickets for the Otho Davis Scholarship awards dinner tomorrow night. Impressive list of attendees:
Along with Buddy and our scholarship recipient, confirmed guests include: Mike Ditka, Dick Vermeil, Ron Jaworski, Harold Carmichael, Cris Carter, Eric Allen, Seth Joyner, Clyde Simmons, Mike Quick and many other players and coaches from the “Buddy Ryan Era.”
– Jerry Sandusky raped little boys. The disturbing details from the grand jury presentment are here. Joe Paterno issues an awful statement here. As recently as 2009, Sandusky was hosting overnight camps on a Penn State satellite campus here. Penn State may want to (has removed, I’m told) the “Sandusky Blitz” from its Creamery menu here. The DA who, in 1998, had officers hide in the home of a molested boy to listen in on conversations between the boy’s mother and Sandusky went missing in 2005. His laptop in a river here.
– HBO will air a 12-minute preview show for 24/7 on November 25th.
– Jeff Carter rented a suite for Saturday night’s jammy jam at The Well. Blondes and brunettes, fat guys and stached guys– those are a few of Jeff’s favorite things.
– Shady McCoy fired Drew Rosenhaus. Again.
– Lindsay Lohan spent only four hours in jail.
– There was an arrest warrant for T.O. and someone has naked pictures of Michael Vick that they’re trying to sell.
– Rob Ryan thinks he’s the best defensive coordinator in the NFL.
– There is audio out there of Ron Washington’s F-bomb-laden speech to his team before Game 7. And it’s awesome.
– Bill Lyon, legend, writes about Buddy Ryan.
– Ronaldo’s girlfriend is hot.
– Finally, Michael Cuddyer is on Twitter (@mcuddy5). You know what to do.