A Mega Roundup of Game 3 Highlights, Quotes, Photoshops, Tweets, and Evgeni Malkin's Phone Number
I’ll be honest, I don’t even know where to begin. So much happened yesterday that it was nearly impossible to turn all of it into coherent blog posts. The Penguins' suspendable acts, Chris Therien’s rant, and Sidney Crosby’s abhorableness (word?) were easy enough. But the rest? No idea.
So here you go, Philadelphia– a roundup of the best nonsense, Photoshops, quotes and other assorted highlights from yesterday’s Game 3:
– First off, CSN will re-broadcast Game 3 today at 12:30 p.m.
– The back page of today’s Daily News:
– This is (or was) Evgeni Malkin’s phone number:
Some folks reported getting a full voicemail box last night. This morning, Verizon says the number has been changed or disconnected. Well done, Flyers fans.
– Our favorite (and perhaps the only) partially-cloaked Penguins fan showed up in Philadelphia, and was excellently jobbed by the guy behind her, which I’m guessing is nothing new:
I’ve got to admit– I respect her balls in coming to Philly, alone.
The best Tweets
via reader Jason
The standout star came on Postgame Live, when Michael Barkann sent it over to Coatsey at Xfinity Live! (lives!), which was predictably insane. Amazingly, they got out of this without a four-letter word making it on-air. Perhaps the best (or worst) parenting you will ever see:
Yeah, the mother got her daughter’s age wrong.
via Zoo With Roy, who has a few more
via Greg on the Facebook page
via Eric on the Facebook page
– Mario Lemieux dined at Capital Grille on Saturday.
- Great article about Brendan Shanahan completely failing to gain control of the playoffs.
– An ad searching for the Penguins' defense on Craigslist.
- ThePensblog.com podcast is enjoyable, recorded following yesterday’s game.
– Yinzers even hate their team. Dean Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review:
Within a couple hours of maybe the most pathetic playoff performance in Penguins history, the sloppy, senseless and stupid-beyond-words 8-4 loss to the Flyers in Game 3 on Sunday, the tattered remains of this team boarded an aircraft for Pittsburgh. That`s where they`re set to practice the next two days, then return here for Game 4.
Do us a favor, gentlemen: Don`t come back.
No, I mean it.
Just fold the sweaters like you`ve folded mentally in these Stanley Cup playoffs. Pack up like you`ve packed it in, and head off to Moose Jaw or Magnitogorsk for the summer.
But don`t come back here.
– And a fan goes off on his favorite team:
The way in which to Penguins conducted themselves in Philadelphia on Sunday validates every criticism that members of media and other fanbases have espoused in the post lockout era. We have been called entitled, spoiled & arrogant. Those critiques were turned into indisputable facts with our absolute lack of discipline, class and professionalism. We fell behind in a game with massive importance to our post season and instead of acting like professionals we looked more like a John Stevens coached Flyers team that saw Mike Richards take runs at Marc-Andre Fleury and Scott Hartnell biting the finger of Kris Letang as the 09-10 campaign began. The role reversal is now complete. We are what we hated so much about them.
– TSN put together a great piece on #hartnelldown.
– Our friend Christie (@Squiggg) sitting behind the Penguins' penalty box:
A pervy NBC cameraman found her and spent some time melon-focusing during a commercial break.
– TSN got the crowd as Hulk Hogan showed up the big screen:
– Dan Bylsma and his gorgeous glasses think the series is going seven:
"I know Marc-Andre Fleury will be the guy in the net in our next four games."
– Bryz doesn’t think anything:
Q: Did you expect the series to go this way?
"It's a difficult question. Like I ask you before guys, don't ask me difficult questions, because I can't answer it."
Finally, speaking of Bryz, remember his Tweet from Saturday night? Well, reader Robert passes along a slightly modified version of the .GIF:
Yeah, that feels nice.
Here’s all of this weekend’s coverage, if you missed it…