The Sixers Have Joel Embiid’s Medical Records and a Doctor Says He’d Avoid Him

Photo Credit: Denny Medley-USA TODAY Sports

Photo Credit: Denny Medley-USA TODAY Sports

We’re just about a day, a World Cup game, and some dinner away from the 2014 NBA Draft, and it seems like nothing is for certain. The Cavs are reportedly still taking legitimate offers for their top pick, but they also have this stylish hat for that dude to wear. And you can’t just GET RID OF THE HAT.

But the focus (for the Sixers at least) seems to be on Dante Exum, Andrew Wiggins, and Joel Embiid. It’s unlikely Wiggins would land here without Hinkie having to go get him, so it then comes down to Dante Exum (who the Sixers are reportedly high on) and Joel Embiid (whose high ceiling and talent level may be too much to pass on). The Sixers are even now in possession of Joel Embiid’s medical records, showing that they’re seriously considering grabbing him.

But one doctor doesn’t think they should. Doctor George Stollsteimer from the Trenton Orthapedic group, who “specializes in sports medicine,” told WIP’s Morning Show that Embiid throws up “major red flags.” Stollsteimer said, “Immediately, what I start thinking of is [Greg] Oden, Yao Ming–I know there’s comparisons, I think [Michael] Jordan had a similar injury when he was early in his career, but it’s a different animal [with guards].” The good Doctor also said he wouldn’t take Embiid until around pick 14 or 15, but that’s anything but a sure thing because doctors don’t make draft picks.

1. It’s about what’s best for business

2. Hoops from 1 Crazy Summer

June 25, 2014 at 10:46 am

I would eat that reporters asshole

3. Sixer's Website Guy

June 25, 2014 at 11:08 am

No link to the doctor’s mock draft? We could use it to fill out the rest of our spreadsheet.

4. Females should not be allowed to call sports radio stations

June 25, 2014 at 11:15 am

I get really annoyed when doctors call into wip & 97.5.
    Females too

5. The real Ms. CB

June 25, 2014 at 11:17 am

ooooh, think those two big guys would double-team me?

6. Walter Sobchak

June 25, 2014 at 11:17 am

#AlliN4WIGGINS

7. This isn’t how smokescreen works. You’re supposed to make it look almost guaranteed you’re taking Embiid if you want to move up to the first pick. Making it guaranteed you want Exum will just make someone trade up one or two spots to get him.

Who do you want: Wiggins or more picks?

8. Traded the #10 pick to Orlando & get back nick vuk

9. Cecily Tynan's sideboob

June 25, 2014 at 11:41 am

On a different note, that hat Dan Gilbert will forcibly make the #1 pick wear is hideous! Why would a Cavs hat be Knicks colors with the brim that resembles nick nolte’s brown shitty asshole and taint skin. Who did Dan Gilbert have to let cum inside him to get the #1 overall pick any way?

10. How many of you always believe your doctor? They all fucking blow! They use the process of elimination after sending you to $10K worth of tests.

11. Eddie Mush from Bronx tale

June 25, 2014 at 1:42 pm

…anybody care if I make the pick in the draft…..I gotta tip…

12. A person necessarily help to make critically articles I might state. That is the very first time I frequented your website page and thus far? I surprised with the analysis you made to create this actual post extraordinary. Fantastic task!

13. I’m gone to inform my little brother, that he should
    also pay a quick visit this weblog on regular basis to obtain updated from hottest reports.