UPDATE: Phillies Trade For Hunter Pence

Kyle Scott —  July 29, 2011 — 35 Comments

Screen Shot 2011-07-29 at 9.17.07 PM
Rube strikes again.

Jon Heyman confirms it. The Phillies just traded for Hunter Pence. They will send Jarred Cosart, Jonathan Singleton, Josh Zeid, and one other player (not Domonic Brown or Vance Worley) to Houston in exchange for Pence. Apparently, Ed Wade flinched: he also sent the Phillies money. No, really, he did. According to multiple reports, it will allow the Phillies to stay under the luxury tax.

We'll have more when the other player is announced. For now, go celebrate.

We're accepting any and all Photoshops of Amaro and Roseman in ridiculous scenarios (include Holmgren too, if you want). Send to crossingbroad [at] yahoo [dot] com.

Apparently, ESPN couldn't handle Philly:

Screen Shot 2011-07-29 at 9.43.24 PM

H/T to (@gabe615) for the grab

Kyle Scott

Posts Twitter Facebook Google+

Editor

35 responses to UPDATE: Phillies Trade For Hunter Pence

1. Eagles were not gonna one up Ruben tonight. He saw that signing, got on the Phone with Wade and cut him with his cold, hard silence.

2. Howie Roseman’s Huge Balls July 29, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Uuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I just climaxed.

3. BOOM SHAKALAKA

4. Ruben you sly bastard

5. Ruben is a pimp! lol. This day just keeps getting better.

6. Three years in a row on 7/29, I think Amaro is superstitious!

7. Merry Fucking Christmas in July!!

8. YEAHHHHHHHH BITCHEZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. that sound u just heard was the sound of the entire city of philly busting a collective nut

10. Happ’s asking Pence if he can tag along

11. Notice Happ isn’t hugging Pence (wishing he was in his shoes)

12. I love Philadelphia!

13. Who else loves JA Happ in the front of the Pic

14. is ed wade on the phils payroll?

15. your move Howie Roseman

16. 3 finger Lenny July 29, 2011 at 9:31 pm

1 of the best days in Philly sports history mother fuckers

17. Titanium balls McSuckit July 29, 2011 at 9:43 pm

Mayor nutter is working on a deal sending Joey vento to SD for mike adams and 2 million fish tacos. Word is Bon Jovi.

18. “and two other players”
    I’m keepin my load in until we know who they are; I wonder why they’re not being named… Hopefully they’re in the minors/prospects.
    PS: Kristen Lee > Krystal (Howard) > Pence’s GF

19. I just jerked off to this day

20. those two others are minor prospects from what i have heard

21. One of them is Josh Zeid

22. OK yeah I saw other articles where they’re all prospects.
    ————————————————————
    “Power of Three Book of Shadows” — MPH | July 29, 2011 at 10:01 PM
    You’re such a geek. (And still a Major Prig Hole for all your grammer gripings)

23. Somewhere Holmgren is calling Carter and Richards from a bathroom on dry island asking for directions to sea isle.

24. Jesus is the 5th Starter July 29, 2011 at 10:38 pm

In the vein of Doc’s Patients and, I figured we should have a squad known as Hunter’s Gatherers.

25. Loved Mitch Williams comments on MLB Network: “When Hunter Pence is walkin’, it looks like he’s hustlin’.” Friggin’ brilliant.

26. Jesus is the 5th Starter July 29, 2011 at 10:57 pm

I love J. Happ grabbing at Pence and probably asking “Can I go too?”

27. Not worth the price. Not this year. Not by a long shot.

28. best day ever <3333333333333333

29. All your base are belong to us.

30. ThePhillyFlash July 30, 2011 at 4:33 am

Well, damn! Amaro does it again! Landed Pence without giving up Brown or Worley! Ruben is both brilliant, AND a major league thief! WHOO!!

31. “Pffffft.” — MPH | July 29, 2011 at 10:53 PM
    For a “proffeshunall writer”, that’s pure brillyance. Your such a Moronic Pus Head.

32. I’m really enjoying the skill involved with playing futbol at a high level. Perhaps only in baseball will you see such advanced skills on display (I’d argue basketball, football, and hockey are more athleticism based, relatively speaking). Maybe this is because I’m a newbie… but I was really impressed with the inhuman coordination I saw in the Real Madrid match last night, and I look forward to seeing them play on Saturday.

33. The Phillies just traded for Hunter Pence. They will send Jarred Cosart, Jonathan Singleton, Josh Zeid, and one other player (not Domonic Brown or Vance Worley) to Houston in exchange for Pence. Apparently, Ed Wade flinched: he also sent the Phillies money. No, really, he did. According to multiple reports, it will allow the Phillies to stay under the luxury tax.

34. What a Friday, folks. That sound you hear is Ruben Amaro and Howie Roseman pouring champagne on each other in gleeful – yet somewhat disturbing – euphoria.
    We’ll have more when the other player is announced. For now, go celebrate.