The Phillies are Playing Tonight and No One is There

20140611-191439-69279173.jpg
pic via local mystery writer Allen Schatz

1. My 8-year-old put the game on and immediately said “there is absolutely nobody at the Phillies game.” Are you still hiring writers?

2. Yet .300 Monty will continue to be smug.

3. some guy from the boro

June 11, 2014 at 7:32 pm

Yep, Im here and its the worst its been all season. Shitty night for a game. But jimmy is 2 hits away from tying Schmitty.

4. They *are* playing the Padres.

Quick – name 3 Padres players!

[crickets]

That’s how Petco Park looks on a regular basis.

5. I love sex

6. No BobbleHead, No fans

June 11, 2014 at 8:00 pm

You better give away something good if you want fans to attend.

7. It wasn’t too long ago that peeps were saying this turned into a baseball town. Somewhere zzz Jeffrey Lurie is lol while his undercarriage gets a how’s your father from a smoking hot Asian broad.

8. That's considered a sellout in Tampa Bay or Miami

June 11, 2014 at 8:20 pm

The Rays and Marlins wish they had that many people attend their games and I am dead serious.

9. Kyle, less is sometimes more. Posting a “story” every 20 minutes is annoying. The good stories get buried to quick, like puke kid dying

10. Mutumbo Fudgehammer

June 11, 2014 at 8:32 pm

Excellent. One step closer to Ruben being axed.

11. I’m not leaving until Rube is fired. Why would anyone pay money and spend 3+ hours to watch this team? Waste of time. Still a fan but protesting until changes are made. I wouldn’t be so bitter if this was a bunch of developing kids that weren’t winning but vets passed their prime? I’ll pass on that.

• I’d rather watch these vets that I’ve grown up with and watched win a World Series instead of watching the crappy ‘prospects’ Ruben has stocked the minor league teams with or the ‘prospects’ he is incapable in evaluating that we would get in return in a trade. Ruben has to go first or the Phils will be doomed to mediocrity for an even longer time. If Hamels goes before Ruben, then I’m gone too.

12. Steve at the game

June 11, 2014 at 9:02 pm

It certainly is sparse here, but way to post a pic of the stadium during pre-game … when no one is even sitting yet.

13. I’ve got a book idea for Mr. Schatz. “Rube & Monty in The Mystery of the Missing Fans.”

14. Matthew Clemens

June 11, 2014 at 11:10 pm

I think I have to throw up ….

15. cous big hairy butt

June 12, 2014 at 6:24 am

way off topic here but wtf is josh iness doing on the radio? does anyone think this douch is funny? “here is the bit”-like he is howard stern-i can’t tell the”bit” from his other not funny nonsense -i am embarrassed for philly radio/ nit wit gcobb was better

• Jon Marks' Goatee

June 12, 2014 at 7:38 am

But who is worse, Innes or Brace???

• in the 20+ years that i have been actively listening to local sports radio, i have never heard such a piss poor collective group of hosts. between the 2 stations, there is not one current host that makes me want to tune in to listen to them. i actually liked rob ellis when he was in the 6-10 slot. however, once he was switched to afternoons, its apparent that he has become infected by the cum of the the cuz and now he is just like him.

16. man how creepy does angelo & steven singer sound this morning

17. Obvious Dude Says

June 12, 2014 at 8:30 am

It’s obvious that over posting is also burying the comments. Commenters can’t keep up or even unite for that matter because they don’t know where to post. Have people moved on to only recent post comments or going back to previous posts?

Pukemon and K@$13gate live on!!

18. Guesty McGuest

June 12, 2014 at 8:48 am

This kind of low attendance leads to young kids banging in the seats. Mark my words, it will happen by the end of the season that some couple gets caught fucking in the top rung of the Bank.

19. Brent Celek Thincinatti

June 12, 2014 at 8:53 am

Brent Celek Thincinatti

20. The phillies are embarrassing

21. Greedy assed poor managed Phillies. They were all the rage amongst so called phans who went because it was “The thing to do”. No those so called Phans are all gone and guys like me won’t step foot inside after being alienated as a smoker and ripped off as a beer drinker. Phuck you Phillies management! Can’t believe you didn’t see this coming…