As baseball season approaches, Citizens Bank Park has laid out its newest plan to get you in the door: More insane food. Last year Aramark and CBP – your favorite culinary sports experience – added Wayback Burgers, some special hot dogs [editor’s note: so good], and more. But this year they’re going all in.
Biarre Foods’ Andrew Zimmern has partnered with Aramark to create a Korean Fried Pork Belly Sandwich (the beauty above). It’s topped with grilled pineapple, chili lime salt, and gochujang sauce. You can find it at Harry the K’s, which is to say, you’ll likely never eat it. Federal Donuts will also be adding their simple but fantastic Boneless Chicken Sandwich, while removing their Korean fried chicken from the offerings. Check out more of what will be added after the jump, complied from Aramark and Michael Klein.
Kyle: I AM GOING TO SLAUGHTER THOSE THREE NEW HOT DOGS. ALL AT ONCE. BITE BY BITE. WILL REPORT BACK ONCE THE GERD SUBSIDES IN 3-6 YEARS.
- Wayback Burgers: A cheeseburger topped with pork roll and a mini corn dog
- Aramark: Three new types of hot dogs:
- A beer-braised hot dog with hard cider braised onions and grain mustard on a pretzel roll
- An “Asian dog topped with sweet and sour pickled slaw and Sriracha mayo on a poppy seed roll”
- A bacon-wrapped hot dog topped with smoked tomatillo salsa verde, Tobasco mayo, and chopped tomato and onions
- Some healthier options, available at general concessions:
- GoPicnic Black Bean Dip pack – Black bean dip, crispy roasted plantain chips, Ginger Zip™ fruit & nut mix, apricot Flexible Fruit™ roll and an edamame, pepita & sunflower seed blend (gluten free, non-GMO and vegan)
- GoPicnic Turkey Pepperoni pack – Turkey pepperoni slices, asiago cheese spread, multi-seed crackers, Baja Blend™ fruit & nut mix and Zeppelin™ sea salt caramel lollipop (gluten free with no artificial colors or flavors, separate components within the box are also kosher, non-GMO and vegetarian)
- Aramark’s website also touts three other Andrew Zimmern hot dog creations, though it’s unclear where exactly they’ll be available:
- AZ’s Canteen Dog– Piedmontese hot dog with roasted vegetable mayo, house-made grain mustard, cabbage slaw and pickled jalapeños, on a toasted bun
- AZ’s Canteen Sausage– Cheddar sausage with roasted vegetable mayo, house-made grain mustard, cabbage slaw and pickled jalapeños, on a toasted bun
- Lamb Koefte Burrito– Lamb koefte and fried eggplant slices with tomato cucumber salad, green hot sauce and tahini, wrapped in a tortilla
- Duck fat fries are added to the menu at Harry the K’s
- Chick-Fil-A expands their local sports reach to include CBP, but their stand will be closed Sundays in accordance with corporate policy
- And finally, Rita’s Water Ice joins the ballpark’s cooler options.