Kyle Scott —  May 7, 2012 — 21 Comments

image from mobilwi.typepad.comI am 4-1 with a 2.45 ERA and a really big bottle of champagne…. who's next?

Punch Cole Hamels! Punch Cole Hamels! Step right up and punch Cole Hamels… again and again and again!

Truth by told, I had Mike Schmidt in the Next to Opine on Cole Hamels pool. I didn’t have former Major Leaguer Morgan Ensberg, who co-hosts a radio show on Sirius-XM.

Ensberg, a career .263 hitter, tweeted:

Cole Hammels [sic] disappointed me today by hitting Harper. No honor there. Whoever is the leader on that team doesn't have control.

Shots fired… by Morgan Ensberg.

Thankfully for your reading pleasure (and my blogging wet dream), PHILLIES RELIEF PITCHER CHAD QUALLS (!!!) responded:

really???

For realsies.

Ensberg:

Lame Chad. There is zero reason to do that. You know that. Unreal that you would think that is ok.

Qualls:

They hit Cole right back but said not on purpose. Yeah right. At least Cole was a man and didn't lie about it.

YES. A blogger’s wet dream: current players arguing – on Twitter – with former teammates about their current teammate’s actions.

[Charlie Manuel, however, disagreed with Qualls. The manager told WIP this afternoon: "I wish he would have been a little been more... what do you call it... not so honest? Dishonest? Discrete, yeah, that might be the right word."]

Unfortunately for our passion, Qualls pointed out that he and Ensberg are friendly:

Morgan and myself go way back. We are ex teammates and friends back in our Astro days.

Yeah yeah, you don’t hate each other– I get it. Qualls kept going, though… to no one in particular:

Screen Shot 2012-05-07 at 1.06.18 PM

I'm a man! Come at me. I'm a man!

Who’s next to swing at Cole?! I’ve got coffee and a keyboard.

Kyle Scott

Posts Twitter Facebook Google+

Editor

21 responses to Former Major Leaguer Morgan Ensberg Rips Hamels, Chad Qualls Defends His Teammate

1. COLE HAMELS DRIVES A DODGE STRATUS! HE IS A SENIOR MANAGER! HE CAN DO 100 PUSHUPS IN TWENTY MINUTES!

2. I think everyone would be fine with the intentional HBP if Hamels kept his mouth shut post-game. Stupid comment.

3. Phillies fan who dropped out of elementary school May 7, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Who cares?

4. Our little Cole has finally sprouted some pubes! I’m so proud of him!

5. The only opinions that matter in all of this is Hamels, Harper and Zimmerman. Harper was cool getting hit and understood the reason, and Hamels was cool getting hit (kind of…the stare was really unnecessary). Old school. I love it. Everyone else, Morgan, Schilling, etc…..well, you know what they say about opinions….

6. Nats Fan at Temple May 7, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Dude, you guys lost the series, are in last place, and your pitcher has a hissy fit and tries to injure our future HOFer. I know it’s frustrating to be so shitty this season, but man up and deal with it. When we were the bottom feeders for the last several years, we didn’t do belligerent shit like this. Cole’s just a spoiled little privileged Cali boy. Look at it this way–Rollins called the Phils “the team to beat” back in ’07, and they followed through on their promise. Well, times have changed, and the Nats recognize their talent and that they have the best roster in the NL East, and you Philly players and fans can’t stomach it. We took back our park and our team took the series this weekend. Man up and come to grips with it!

7. What’s the big frigging deal. John Lannin used to plunk Phillies a couple times a year. Polly got hurt even. No outrage then from DC or jackasses like Schilling.

8. All Phillies Fans May 7, 2012 at 1:54 pm

To “take back” your park means you lost it or never had it to begin with. Glad to see so many Nationals “fans” coming out of the woodwork in early May. We will see if you’re still here in September and October when shit matters. Until then, enjoy your 1/3 filled stadium for all other games the rest of the year. It looks really good on TV to see so many empty seats during a game. Kind of reminds me of batting practice for most teams.

9. lets take it easy w/ the HOFer talk sir, hes a good player but it takes more than 2 weeks to make it there I think..

10. 3 Finger Lenny May 7, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Cole has that mad dawg in him

11. Cole Hamels: “rawr.”

12. Sarge’s black balls May 7, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Cole as well should have got hit

13. “Tries to injure”? He hit him in the small of the back…where strippers get tattoos. If Hamels were trying to injure Harper, that pitch would have been located two feet higher.
    It is cute how all 12 Nats fans think they’ve won something after 30 games. It’s early kids. So early that your neighbors lead the AL East.

14. Account Suspended DowntownHost May 7, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Morgan Ensberg? With all of the high profile ex-players weighing in, I’m dying to hear Humberto Quintero and Brad Ausmus’ take on the whole ordeal.

15. Dude, you guys lost the series, are in last place, and your pitcher has a hissy fit and tries to injure our future HOFer. I know it’s frustrating to be so shitty this season, but man up and deal with it. When we were the bottom feeders for the last several years, we didn’t do belligerent shit like this. Cole’s just a spoiled little privileged Cali boy

16. I know it’s frustrating to be so shitty this season, but man up and deal with it. When we were the bottom feeders for the last several years, we didn’t do belligerent shit like this. Cole’s just a spoiled little privileged Cali boy

17. Nat’s Fan From Temple’s boyfriend May 7, 2012 at 2:46 pm

he should have thrown it at his front and seen if it got stuck in his vag lips! Nats will be the worst within a few weeks. They faced off against the always incredible Kyle “the duck thrower” kendrick and Worley bird. Wait til they meet up against doc and lee. Strasburg and Brycey Cakes will be wetting their female parts all over that amateur stadium.

18. @Account Suspended DowntownHost, that’s some good mediocre ex-Astro knowlegde. I think Humberto Quintero is actually still in the league with the Royals

19. The Phils were two blown umpiring calls away from taking this series.
    The league, and the Cowboy Joe West crew, handed the Nats the game on Friday night.
    And the Phils got three runs off of the Nats’ ace. I wouldn’t be so cocky if I were a Nats fan (shudder).

20. shawn coombs May 7, 2012 at 4:10 pm

morgan who……? shut up and bite me i got coles back fuck em all

21. ThePhillyFlash May 7, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Morgan Ensberg? Who the hell is Morgan Ensberg?