Dom Brown Doesn’t Really Care About His Knee Strain

Screen Shot 2012-06-18 at 4.15.07 PM
And neither should you.

Speaking to reporters after an MRI on Friday revealed PCL and MCL strains in his right knee, Dom Brown said he wasn’t too worried about his “third or fourth” setback of the season: [MLB.com]

“You seem like you're more stressed out about it than I am.

I'm really not [worried about the latest injury]. The last time they said a couple days and it was a while. But if it happens to happen like that, then it's not that big a deal. I'll just get out there and get back playing the game. It's really not that big a deal.

I know injuries are a part of baseball and things are gonna happen. I mean we're still winning ballgames. I don't know, I kind of look at things differently. That's just me as a person. But I've got to get healthy and that's it."

Don’t worry, Dom. Nothing to see here. It’s not like the Phillies were counting on you to be an everyday Major League player (or, just a Major Leaguer) or anything. No, don’t worry, it will be fine. Whenever it heals it heals. No sense in worrying about it. Big club couldn’t use an extra bat or anything. Glass is totally half full.

H/T 97.3 ESPN

1. 3 Finger Lenny

June 18, 2012 at 4:35 pm

dom sucks

2. It was pretty awesome when Dom Brown dropped that upper-deck bomb at CBP as his first major league HR, but since then, he’s simply regressed to the norm: 90% of the time, prospects remain simply prospects.

3. I find nothing wrong with that he said.

4. Crossing Pattison

June 18, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Yup, Kyle’s right here. Every player needs to worry about every injury they get. Because if they don’t worry about an injury, it shows they don’t care. Dom Brown needs to be healthy so he can go to Olde City and drink at every bar until 2 in the morning so Kyle has something to write about in the morning.

5. Crossing Darien

June 18, 2012 at 5:01 pm

What was wrong with what he said?

6. What else is he supposed to do? It’s not like him getting upset about it is going to cause it to heal quicker. What’s done is done, he’s gotta look to the future.

7. Crossing Blarg

June 18, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Slapdick Strikes Again.

8. You are a moron

9. Crossing Hartranft

June 18, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Yes, how dare he not lock himself in a hyperbaric chamber and sulk over his injury. The nerve of someone to have an optimistic outlook on life

10. Seems par for the course with the Phillies this year. What’s another injury when added to all the others? Lingering on what might have been doesn’t solve anything. When the going gets tough, the tough get tougher…and the rest don’t even get close to a wild card!

11. Rick "More at Eleven" McGowan

June 18, 2012 at 5:48 pm

That’s a pretty nice suit.

12. Nick Popchuck, Jr.

June 18, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Dom is a no talent pussy

13. K & A junkie whore

June 18, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Yeah as if he’s the missing piece this sorry team needs right now. Dumb post.

14. I mean, if he really doesn’t care, is it hard to blame him? He’s been jerked around by the organization so much. He was called up and, despite having a very high ceiling, was eventually sent back down in favor of a certain declining outfielder who was in his late 30′s. This was in spite of the fact that Brown was playing as good if not better than Ibanez. Then they change his swing, declare he is an incompetent fielder, and the media/talk radio/ignorant fan wrote him off. Meanwhile, the organization goes out and signs more declining 30 year old players. And more people are determined to throw him onto the scrap heap.
    People are the victims of their own expectations. Maybe if they were a little more natural with expectation of Brown things would not have progressed as they have.

15. Charlie Reese

June 18, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Brown is being held back because he’s black

16. I think we’re all ignoring the biggest issue here. I mean really, why do people keep taking those stupid mirror pictures of themselves? Don’t they realize how retarded they look?

17. Shut up you guys are mean I’m gonna tell my mom on you

18. Cross Broad Halfway and Stand There

June 18, 2012 at 9:25 pm

HE DOESN’T HAVE A “PHILLY ATTITUDE” LET’S RUN HIM OUT OF TOWN!

19. Is Dom a faggot? Who takes pics like that, other then gays

20. What happened to he live feed of that pos victorino’s fashion show?

21. I think @fakewipcaller runs this blog

22. It’s a stretch to even pretend there’s something mildly upsetting in those comments. He’s handling a minor setback like an adult. Maybe if he punched a wall you’d be happier?

23. DeSean Jakcson aka D-Jizzy

June 18, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Yo Dom if you is lookin to rap and default on some joolry paymentz you be needin to twitter me up, ya hurd?

24. Crossing Broad and @FakeWIPCaller have merged somehow.

25. They didn’t merge kyle is just stealing content from fakewipcaller

26. ThePhillyFlash

June 19, 2012 at 4:57 am

Well, the feeling is mutual: the Phillies don’t care about Dom Brown whom I suspect will be gone at the trade deadline.

27. Finkle is Einhorn

June 19, 2012 at 8:54 am

Still no word on where we can get those Desean Jackson Dolphin tshirts?

28. Does this site put new posts up anymore?

29. The most interesting Phillies fan on my street.

June 19, 2012 at 11:05 am

I sprained the very same knee parts myself. It took 3 months before i had confidence in the healing job. Oh, and 2 months of PT.

30. Snow Balls at Santa

June 19, 2012 at 11:05 am

Who cares?????
    Further proof that the Phils might as well trade him now because of the fans. Hes hurt, what do you want him to do? You have a 2nd baseman and cornerstone of the franchise who isnt rushing back, why should you worry about a Triple A outfielder??