Video: Jonathan Papelbon Blows Save, Gets Booed off Mound, Grabs Crotch, Gets Ejected

Voila_Capture 2014-09-14_07-24-38_PM

Noted dickbag Jonathan Paplebon blew a 4-1 lead in the ninth and allowed the eventual winning run to score on a wild pitch. Though Papelbon has been outstanding this season, he was booed off the mound for the effort, at which point he grabbed his crotch in the general direction of the crowd and the numerous kids sitting in the first few rows, and then was kicked out of the game by Joe West before charging out of the dugout, bumping West, and being shoved aside by the fat-assed umpire. How’s that for a run-on sentence?

As easy as it is to dislike Papelbon, he seems to always pick fights with jackasses of equal or greater value, making it hard to root against him. First Howard Eskin, now West. The latter says he ejected Papelbon for the crotch grab. Papelbon, of course, denies its intention, telling reporters after the game, via (@KevinCooney): “By no means was I directing anything at any fans. I have a four- and five-year-old son and daughter. I am not out here doing inappropriate things.”

Ah yes, the classic I have kids defense, because no athlete with children would ever dare do something inappropriate… like fart on reporters.

Papelbon also noted that he may file a complaint with the league over West’s contact. And that should be fun.

Gotta lova Michael Jack’s sheepish description of the incident at the end of the video. For those who don’t know it out there, baseball players wear kind of a jock strap and a cup, and there is a lot going on down there.

Fun Phillies season, this is.

UPDATE: Here’s how he explained it:

“I had to make an adjustment and I did it. I don’t even hear the fans out here. When I’m out there and I’m in the moment, the fans are irrelevant to me. I don’t even see them, I don’t even hear them.”

Which makes a nice juxtaposition with this quote from July, under CSN’s headline, Jonathan Papelbon hears your boos and loves them:

“I enjoy it,” he said. “I just think that it’s fun. It just brings a little bit of energy and life to the park and gives me a little bit of something to look forward to do every day.”

Papelbon regretted that only half the ballpark booed him.

“I heard some of them,” he said. “But that’s it? Maybe we can get the whole park going here soon.”

Here’s the glorious, hi-res photo of Papelbon grabbing his dick.

• Oh, please September 14, 2014 at 8:01 pm

Oh, for fuck’s sake. Will you people stop inventing controversy? This was clearly nothing more than his new end-of-inning celebration routine. Its brilliance is in its delayed demonstrative fun. Will you losers please get a life?

• LMAO September 14, 2014 at 11:36 pm

Mike Missanelli getting killed on twitter for his Colin Kaepernick love,that he constantly throws in everyone’s face(HAHAHA).

• F September 15, 2014 at 7:53 am

kap sucks & cost me

• Jose from Norristown September 14, 2014 at 8:10 pm

Who dafucc cares yo it’s football season yo.

• Drew September 14, 2014 at 8:12 pm

I just don’t understand the hate for Papelbon. He hates on mediocrity…can’t stand when his team loses, can’t stand when he fails. He’s also the statistically best closer the Phillies have EVER had (or at least was before today) and he gets booed for blowing one save. Then Kyle here writes an article blasting him for the first time in months because he finally has a game he can blast him over. Papelbon has lost speed on his fastball and still has an ERA of 2.1 (which got blown up, if you can it that, after today). He’s one of the most effective closers in the game and has been one of the bright spots for the Phils this year. If the only thing Phillies fans can be grateful for when it comes to Papelbon is that they’ll eventually push him out of Philadelphia, then we’re a bunch of fuckin idiots.

• Informed September 14, 2014 at 8:28 pm

yes, he has had a phenomenal season. yes, he should not have been boo’d for a rare blown save. so, i agree that fans were assholes for booing him. however, there is no justification for this bonehead act. he is a professional and should act like one. grabbing his dick is not only classless but him not owning it makes it 10x’s worse too. i hope amaro sits his ass the rest of the season.

• Steve September 14, 2014 at 10:16 pm

Drew, please learn some grammar and spelling.

• Drew September 14, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Ohcay u jercoff thanx 4 de advce.

• Scott Reynolds September 16, 2014 at 4:21 pm

Because he’s a douchebag.

• Kyle Scott's Small Penis September 14, 2014 at 8:26 pm

Cuntyle sucks chode , but could he direct his meth heads who read this site to spew some Twitter bile at Papelbon’s wife?

Sheesh was a twat.

• Mike Schmidt's Butt Plug September 14, 2014 at 8:41 pm

so glad i don’t have to listen to schmidt. he blows dead dogs.

• ThePhillyFlash September 14, 2014 at 8:54 pm

The Phillies played today? YAWN! Who cares? It’s football season!

• All these damn penalties September 14, 2014 at 9:11 pm

Exactly right now the Phillies are about as relevant as Pee Wee Herman.

• The fellas September 14, 2014 at 10:23 pm

Make sure you don’t forget to call into wip tomorrow and give them an Eagles cheer

• Ralphie Head September 14, 2014 at 10:09 pm

The Phillies sell out Vomitburgers by girly man Tommy Up.

• Top three assholes of the week September 15, 2014 at 7:39 am

Eskin, Barkann and Papelbon. Eskin and Barkann are always one and two. Number three has to earn the spot.

• Jaguar September 15, 2014 at 7:50 am

Speaking of Eskin, I am a class car with a shill now promoting me that has no class.

• Fq September 15, 2014 at 7:54 am

no1 cares about this Kyle

• Maxie September 15, 2014 at 8:43 am

This is nothing compared to what happened in the NFL – in fact it is kind of funny and typical Papelbon. But it is not worth an hour of rants which is what took place on the WIP morning show today. They will probably get about a week out of this.

• Your Mother September 15, 2014 at 9:23 am

Seriously, that crowd deserved the “gesture” from Paps. Most of the little turds at the game smoke and drink with their loser parents on Fishtown curbs anyway. It’s not like someone grabbing their crotch is going to damage these kids more than their parents anyway.

Beyonce grabs her crotch then lapdances an empty chair while bending over until her vag is popping out of her thong in concerts. Michelle Obama says she’s an incedible role model for her daughters.

Does anyone see any misplaced anger about what Paps did? I do.

• Marvin Monroe September 15, 2014 at 9:29 am

When was the last time you went to Fishtown?

Maybe you can take the bus into the city every now and then and see what it is really like.

• Your Mother September 15, 2014 at 9:37 am

Ohhhh, so you… LMAO… Nevermind.

• Marvin Monroe September 15, 2014 at 9:45 am

Fishtown is all rich people walking dogs. But I reckon it is the only neighborhood in the city you know. Maybe you can ask your mom for a ride into the city and learn something about the city.

Good luck with your agenda against Beyonce and Michelle Obama. Let’s us know what you are really about.

• Your Mother September 15, 2014 at 10:11 am

All rich people huh? Mmm kay. It is nicer there recently but you must understand that you are still talking about Philadelphia, and how far you as a Philadelphian has had their sense of “nice” warped by your surroundings. To be honest, I wouldn’t live anywhere in Philly, ever. I like to visit for entertainment purposes then leave “in my own car” and go to where it’s actually nice. As opposed to your warped version of it. Just like your warped version of my opinion on Beyonce. I don’t care if she wants to show her vag to the world. I don’t care if M.O. thinks that’s what a role model to young girls should be. I just think Paps shouldn’t get any grief and used a comparison. Philly should chill with their trigger happy Paps hate.

• Marvin Monroe September 15, 2014 at 10:24 am

Ohh ok. You make sense now. A little cry baby afraid of the city. Stay in your little boring town. That was cool of mommy and daddy to buy your own car. Sweet deal.

I’m sorry you were so offended by the Phillies fans booing Papelbon. If you don’t care about Beyonce and Michelle Obama. why did you bring them up? You might be the only person who managed to see the connection between Papelbon and Beyonce.

• Senile Citizens Park September 15, 2014 at 9:51 am

My question is what idiots are still attending Phillies games? The stands should be empty. I know….the lemmings are always there.

• Kyle Needs to Focus on Football September 15, 2014 at 10:07 am

Enough said…

• Huggy Goodell September 15, 2014 at 10:25 am

If Papelbon were in my League and pulled that vile gesture I would suspend him 16 games. We don’t tolerate that type of behavior in the NFL

• Windmill Jeff and the Solar panels September 15, 2014 at 10:28 am

I would never put up with that behavior on my team. Bad tippers are one thing but crotch grabbing is taking it to another level!

• Windmill Jeff and the Solar panels September 15, 2014 at 10:30 am

Oh by the way I’m happy to announce we’re considering taking credit cards for parking.

• The New Rich Snobby Eagles Fan September 15, 2014 at 10:34 am

Brought my wife and four kids to Jags game only cost me a grand for a four hour outing. Thanks for the family friendly stadium Jeff

• Christina's Playground September 15, 2014 at 10:43 am

You’re very welcome. Because the City payed for most of the Stadium and with the Federal tax credits for the wind mills and solar panels we can keep costs low for our loyal fans like you. Don’t forget our Limo drop off area near the main entrance and we’re also planning on having a “Bring The Butler ” game in the future. That’s right , Jeeves gets in for half price and can sit in the aisle next to your seat so he can wait on you at the game! ” Jeeves fetch me a beer and a Harold Carmichael” lol.
      Don’t forget the pink out game on Oct 5. All fans get a free pink towel!

• Al Gore September 15, 2014 at 11:02 am

Love the earth friendly stadium Jeff. I’m especially impressed with those French toilets or beday’s as us educated folks call them, that you have in the restrooms. If more owners were like you we’d save the polar bears and keep the rift raft out of the stadiums too. We’ll done.

• miley cyrus September 15, 2014 at 12:28 pm

i trained poopy bon on that wait til u see his next act.