Photo via Topps
Good day, Philadelphia.
If you stepped away from the interwebtuals this weekend, or weren’t one of the 12 people to buy the Sunday Inquirer– you missed a lot.
Pitchers and catchers, they reported. Bryz and Bob pooped in the net (figurative). Paul Holmgren obtained a gun (figurative). And the Sixers got fucked (literal).
No time for snarky snarkiness this morning. Too much to bring you up to speed on. Let’s hit it.
But first, a word from our sponsors:
- Specials. Drinker’s Philadelphia has crazy specials. $1 hot dogs during all Flyers games. $2 PBRs and $3 SoCo and Limes all day, every day. Locations here.
- BC Sports has some fantastic signings coming up. Meet Jaromir Jagr at the BC Sports in the Manoa Shopping Center on March 2 from 6 – 8 p.m. Meet Danny Briere at the BC Sports in the Moorsetown Mall on March 7 from 6:30 – 8 p.m. And, I hate to do this, but Super Bowl champions Mario Manningham and Hakeem Nicks at the BC Sports in the Moorestown Mall on March 3 from 1 – 3 p.m. Details and tickets here.
- The Night Shift, checking in… to your chest. Our friends at Philly Phaithful have launched brand spankin’ new Night Shift t-shirts. They also debuted a perfectly-timed Clearwater Dreamin’ t-shirt and tank top for men and women. Get one, or both shirts, here.
- Compete in fantasy games against friends and strangers at BalledOut.com. Simply purchase V-Chips (virtual chips) to use against others head-to-head. Then pick a matchup that suits your interest and throw down some chips. Instead of the old school team-vs-team style of fantasy sports, BalledOut.com lets you pick the favorite in various head-to-head matchups and wager as many chips as you choose. Play here and get $5 added to your account.
- Crossing Broad Tickets is your one-stop shop for all local sports tickets. The best seats, aggregated from all of the secondary market sites, in one spot for ease of shopping. Below face value, too! Give it a look here.
- Pseudo-breaking: Raul Ibanez is a New York Yankee.
- In case you missed it– must-see from Saturday morning. Roy Halladay in his 1932 Ford Roadster, which he is restoring and working on.
- James van Riemsdyk gets all womany, doesn’t want you booing Ilya Bryzgalov, the $51 million goaltender who is searching for peace.
- WE HAVE AN APP. It's first available on the Android Market, with Apple to follow. It's .99, ad-free, and contains all content from CB and BuzzOnBroad.com, CB Radio, a one-click button for submitting tips, and our Twitter and Facebook feeds. Your feedback is welcome, as we will be rolling out updates over the next few weeks. Get it here!
- The Blue Jackets seems more interested in moving Nash than the Flyers do acquiring him.
- The Flyers traded for Pavel Kubina.
- The Eagles won’t change their draft philosophy based on the combine.
- Asante Samuel asked fans where we wanted him traded to.
- Cole Hamels will talk free agency this afternoon. That should be fun.
Finally, video of player and coach interviews with Flyers super intern Lindsay Bitler from the Flyers Wives Carnival, after the jump.