There's a Fire Andy pun in here somewhere, I just can't find it.
Reader Jared sent along this picture of his Eagles season tickets, which, as you can see, he is threatening to light on fire. Welcome to the current state of our fucking football team, Philadelphia.
Let’s hit it.
But first, a word from our sponsors:
– CHRISTMAS MOVIE QUIZZO. Let me repeat that: Christmas Movie Quizzo. December 12. Drinker’s Tavern in Old City (2nd and Market). 8:30 p.m. Four rounds: Home Alone, Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, and Elf. I’m hosting and you’re playing.
– Want to meet Chase Utley? Sure you do. He’ll be signing autographs at the Sports Vault in the King of Prussia Mall on Saturday, December 8. Details and tickets here.
– Our friends and partners over at Philly Phaithful just released their holiday line, which celebrates the upcoming 20th anniversary of perhaps the most beloved team ever in Philadelphia, your 1993 Fightins.
Get any three ’93 t-shirts for $50. Don’t want a ’93 shirt, but prefer another Philly Phaithful jam? That's cool. All other products are 10% off today and CB readers can take an additional 15% off with code cb15. Shop here.
– Want to harken back to the days when the Eagles weren’t awful… or at least tried? Check out the Minister of Defense ’92 shirt from The Armadillo Club.
– Tickets for tonight’s Eagles game – A MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL GAME – start as low as $22 on Crossing Broad Tickets, your spot for the best seats and prices for local sporting events and concerts from around the secondary market, aggregated for your shopping pleasure.
– DeMeco Ryans prepared for the big game by getting crunked at the Sixers game on Saturday night:
– Think that last one was a but unfair? Well, Kansas City folks would have something to say about that. One woman gave wide receiver Dexter McCluster an earful after McCluster delivered her Thanksgiving dinner. Earlier in the season, Chiefs fans booed Matt Cassel’s concussion.
– It’s down to the Phillies, Braves and one mystery team for the services of B.J. Upton, according to reports. It seems like Upton will make a decision this week. So stay tuned.
– Gina Lynn, who has a history with Flyers (and most males), was at Operation Hat Trick in Atlantic City on Saturday:
The game was to raise money for Sandy and to, you know, let you see some hockey.
Vinny from Jersey Shore was one of the honorary coaches. Not surprisingly, he was booed lustfully by the type of blue collar hockey fans who would drive to Atlantic City to see an exhibition hockey game.
– Video from inside PSU’s locker room after their big win against Wisconsin. A well-deserved moment.
– It sounded a lot like Penn State coach Bill O’Brien called his team “a bunch of fuckers” on Saturday night.
– Finally, if you plan on shopping at Amazon this holiday season, support your favorite sports blog by clicking our link when you do. We’ll get a small commission for referring the sale. They have some great Cyber Monday deals going on now. Shop here.